- 1 1/4 pounds lean pork stew meat (buy whatever cut is on sale and cut into chunks to save some money!)
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with chile peppers, undrained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Chili powder or seasoning to taste
Brown pork and onion in skillet over medium to high heat, stir occasionally to get an even brown (just browning, not cooking and if you want you can skip this step since we're headed to the crock pot anyway *wink*).Â Put meat, carrots and corn in crock pot.Â Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and garlic.Â Stir in the diced tomatoes.Â Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours (or high for 3 to 4 hours).
To make the pastry bats:
Combine flour and cheese in large mixing bowl.Â Cut in butter until it looks like coarse floury butter crumbles.Â Using a fork, fluff in the water to moisten the mixture.Â Shape dough into ball and flatten, grab a rolling pin and roll it out (remember to flour your rolling area).Â Cut out dough using bat shaped cookie cutters!Â Sprinkle with chili powder for added color and flavor (optional step).Â Bake at 450 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly brown.Â When serving, place a biscuit bat on top of each bowl of stew!
What are you going to be this Halloween?
This year, Halloween Costumes has a fantastic line of new costumes featuring some of the most popular, strangest, scariest, most glamorous and comical characters of today. You're going to love the wide range of amazing costumes they have for you. Their unique Halloween Outfits are sure to be a hit at your parties!
For over 10 years, Halloween Costumes has been a prime destination for Halloween Costumes. With competitive prices and fantastic customer service, they are committed to bringing you the best possible outfit for you and your family.