For Head Colds, Flu, Chest Congestion
- Pour 15-20 drops of Eucalyptus oil into a bowl of steaming hot water. Cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors.
- A personal steam vaporizer inhaler can also be used with smaller amounts of oil and water used.
- Sprinkle a few drops onto a handkerchief and inhale to help clear the nasal passages.
- Place a few drops on the washcloth when showering to allow the hot water to release the vapors.
- Make an atomizer sprayer by mixing 1 part oil to 100 parts water in a fine mist spray bottle (eg. 1 teaspoon eucalyptus oil to 1 pint of water).(An old clean household spray bottle can be used).
- Mix equal parts oil with Baby oil and gently massage the chest, neck and back to help relieve chest congestion.
- Mix a few drops with VICKS VAPORUB to rub on chest or under the nose.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of oil to a hot water vaporizer or cold air humidifier to help assist breathing.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons to a plastic water trough placed above a circulating hot water or forced air heating system to allow the vapors to fill the air.
Read full profiles of the various types of Eucalyptus Oil
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
- A Gargle with warm Salt Water and a drop or two of Eucalyptus Oil will help ease the pain of a sore throat.
- a few drops in a glass of water can also be used as a mouthwash and rinse (avoid swallowing).
Muscle Aches and Pains
- Eucalyptus oil can be used mixed with other oils such as Baby Oil, Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil to use as a massaging liniment to relieve aches and pains of muscle stiffness, soreness or cramping.
- The same mix can be used on joints, tendons, and ligaments to help relieve symptoms of arthritis, rheumatism, fibrositis, and sore tendons.
- The same oil mix can be used as a muscle toner to massage the muscles before a workout or jog.
Aromatherapy Baths, Spas, Hot Tubs, Jacuzzis
- Add 1-2 teaspoons to the Bath, Jacuzzi, Spa or Hot Tub water to enjoy a fresh invigorating aromatic experience. The gently fine champagne like bubbles will fill the air with an invigorating aroma that will relax and revitalize the senses. The oil will help moisturize the skin.
- Eucalyptus oil can be used in either wet or dry saunas and steam room to provide an invigorating aromatic experience. A word of CAUTION the oil should not be applied directly to hot coals or stones as it is flammable. Dilute 1 part oil to 100 parts water and use in a spray bottle as described. Spray onto the walls and into the air not on the hot coals.
- The eucalyptus/water mix can be placed in the water trough over the hot stones to allow for vaporization.
Home Air Freshener
- Add equal parts water and oil to refill a used Plug-in GLADE(R) or WIZARD (R) Brand Scented Oil Air Freshener. Plug the unit into a household socket and adjust the vent to allow for vapor dispersement.
- Add the same mix to a candle-based aroma or incense vase. (Do not apply any direct flame as the oil is flammable.)
- Add 1 -2 teaspoons to water of Vaporizer or Humidifier when in use during Winter months.
- Soak used Air freshener wicks with Eucalyptus oil to reuse as air fresheners in the bathroom etc.
- Foot Baths can be prepared by adding 1 teaspoon to the warm water of a foot bath to provide excellent relief to tired aching feet.
Scalp Massage and Hair Treatment
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil either applied directly to the scalp or mixed with shampoo can be used to stimulate the blood flow to the hair and help revitalize dull or shedding hair.
Face and Body Care
- A few drops of Eucalyptus Oil can be added to your favorite Skin Cleansing Cream, Soap Cleanser, Facial scrub, Skin Moisturizer etc.
Cuts, Scrapes and Bruises
- Dilute Essential oils including Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Oil are good at cleaning, relieving pain and preventing infection to help promote healing of cuts and scrapes. A good solution of 10 drops Eucalyptus oil, 20 drops of tea tree oil mixed in 100 ml of water placed in a spritzer bottle an be used to clean affected skin areas, ease the pain and promote healing.
Insect Bites and Repellent
- Eucalyptus oil provides quick relief from the pain of insect bites from mosquitoes, fleas, sand flies and other biting bugs. Just rub a small amount of the pure oil onto the swollen area of the bite.
- Neat or mixed with Canola oil, Eucalyptus oil can be used as a insect repellent. Blend into 100ml canola oil with 30 drops eucalyptus oil,10 drops of basil oil and 10 drops of citronella oil. Rub over exposed area. .
- A few drops sprinkled on a cloth and placed on the floor may help keep bugs away from food or refrigerators.
- As Eucalyptus oil burns like kerosene it can be used in Kerosene lamps neat or mixed with kerosene to keep flying insects away.
- Eucalyptus oil added to hair shampoos can help prevent head lice.
- Sprayed inside leggings of waders to ward off leeches.
Garden Spray and Use
- Eucalyptus Garden spray is safe natural and non residual ideal to keep bugs off plants. Mix 1 teaspoonful with 1/2 teaspoon of Dishwashing liquid and mix with 2 large cups of water. (500ml). Spray around seedlings and base of the plants to prevent slugs and snails and onto leaves to keep bugs away.
- Soak a length of string in Eucalyptus Oil and wind around the stem of the plant.
- For Garden Pond add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to a floating artificial flower or lily.
- Clean and freshen your laundry by adding 1-2 teaspoonfuls of Eucalyptus Oil to each load of wash.
- A popular wool wash recipe used to keep woolens soft and fluffy. Mix 300 grams Pure Soap Flakes with 200ml methylated spirits then add 50ml Eucalyptus oil. Store in a screw capped glass jar. Use 1 tablespoon of the mix per garment to be washed. Dissolve first the amount in warm water then add to wash water. Hand wash or machine wash on the wool cycle. Squeeze and roll in a towel to remove excess water. Keep garment in shape while drying.
- Soak stains, grass, grease, ink etc with diluted eucalyptus about 1 hour before washing.
- You can quickly remove Chewing Gum, paint, oil, grease,ballpoint ink marks from clothes and , shoes using the pure oil.
Bathroom, Kitchen Cleaner
- Use the washing machine recipe 2-3 tablespoons per gallon of hot water or
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Eucalyptus oil to the diluted deodorizing cleaning solutions such a LYSOL, PINESOL, MR CLEAN etc. to use as a Bathroom/Kitchen cleaner. The Oil helps deodorize, disinfect and clean the tile, sinks and porcelain areas of the bathroom and kitchen.eg Add 1 teaspoon Eucalyptus Oil, 1/2 cap PINESOL to 600 ml spray bottle to spray and wipe skins, baths and toilets.
- Add this mix or small amount of eucalyptus oil directly to toilet water in the bowl to assist in disinfection.
Mold and Mildew
- The above recipes can also be used in areas of the house where mold and mildew may build up.
- Shoes can be wiped with a damp cloth mixed with a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mildew-smelling clothes and linens can be washed by adding 1-2 teaspoons to the wash water.
- A Spray mix can be made-up by adding 1 teaspoons (5ml) to 500 ml of water placed in a spray bottle (a used plastic spray bottle). Use the spray as a general spray for dusting, deodorizing, cleaning to leave a good clean fresh smell. Simply spray and wipe all dust collecting areas with a damp cloth.
- Use the spray on the mattress, bed sheets, pillows and carpet in the bedroom.
- Spray closets and storage areas to ward off bugs and deodorize.
- Spray tables, counter tops and benches with this or the cleaning solution. Use spray in the car, boat or campers in addition.
- Spray on glass, mirrors windows etc to use as a degreaser. Wipe with dry or moist towel.
- Many other uses include cleaning telephones, furnishings, shoes, leather goods of stains and odors.
- A reported recipe for a Carpet Freshener is to mix 25ml Eucalyptus oil with 500 grams of Sodium Bicarbonate. (Baking Soda). Sprinkle on, leave an 1 hour and vacuum. This helps control fleas in the carpet.
- Wash Air Conditioner Filters in soapy water with 1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil added.
- Spray Eucalyptus Spray into the intake vent when AC is working.
Cars, Boats, Campers and RVs
Many of the above listed uses can be applied to cleaning, deodorizing and freshening the air inside cars, boats, campers and RVs.
- Soak a used hanging car freshener with a cap-full of Eucalyptus oil and reinstall.
- Replace used wick or plastic clip fresheners with pure eucalyptus oil.
Since dogs and cats have a much higher sense of smell use minimal amounts.
- For Flea control add 1/2 teaspoon to the wash water or a few drops to the pet's shampoo, a dry bath using 2 cups of warm water, 4 drops of Eucalyptus oil and 2 drops of cedarwood oil and use a brush on the coat. Wash the bedding with warm soapy water and a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Rinse well. Spray around the sleeping quarters to sanitize and deodorize.
- Liniment rubs for muscle and joints. (use 1/2 strength of human mix.).
- Cuts and scratches can be bathed in dilute oil and water.
- Inhalation therapy using a vaporizer can be used for pets with respiratory problems and lung congestion.
Check, if in doubt, with your Veterinarian if use is applicable.
Safe, Effective Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Native Remedies is the market-leading brand of natural remedies specially formulated to offer a complete solution for holistic health and wellness.
With over 500,000 customers worldwide and more than 250 herbal remedies and homeopathic remedies, we’re confident that you’ll find the holistic health products you need.
Find out how our dual-modality approach to wellness can provide fast-acting symptomatic relief (homeopathic) plus improve body function for long-term holistic health (herbal), and discover the body’s innate sense of healing with tissue salts and flower essences.