- 8 oz brown rice
- 18 fl oz water
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped [or any other green herbs such as basil and spring onions]
- Wash the brown rice thoroughly and add to a large pot of boiling water (18 fl oz), stirring once. Simmer covered for about 25 – 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid absorbed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and garlic as well as salt and pepper and mix through the rice while it is still warm.
- Let the rice stand until cooled off, then mix in the herbs.