Good enough for dinner any night, this soup is of special benefit for those in the midst of chemotherapy or radiation treatments. Variations on this soup are a regular part of my anti-cancer lifestyle.
- 2 cups beet roots or tops, sliced (parsnips are great too)
- 2 cups water (spring water or filtered water)
- 1 cup dried seaweed (2 cups/500 ml after soaking)
- 6 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 onions, sliced from top to bottom (like crescent moons)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10-20 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 thumbâ€™s worth of Ginger, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake, reishii, or wild mushrooms
- ~ or 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 8-12 cups spring water or filtered water
- 1 ounce dried Siberian Ginseng root, whole or cut
- optional: Organic chicken, any amount
- optional: 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Cover beets with water; cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak seaweed in hot water.
- On a low fire, saute the cabbage and onion in Olive Oil until limp, 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, Garlic, Ginger, mushrooms, carrots, cooked beets and their cooking water, seaweed and its soaking water (watch out for grit at the bottom), and Siberian Ginseng.
- Stir well.
- Add chicken and/or rice. Add water.
- Cover the pot tightly and raise the heat to high. As soon as the soup boils, reduce the heat. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Let it rest for several hours or overnight.
- Reheat before serving. Donâ€™t worry about leftovers. The taste of this soup improves as it ages.
Strengthen Your Immune System Naturally
Beta-1, 3D Glucan boosts the immune system to provide support and balance. It is unlike other immune supplements that simply stimulate or alter the immune response in unnatural ways. Over 50 years of research from prestigious universities around the world document the benefits of Beta-1, 3D Glucan.
Transfer Point is the only company that offers a Beta glucan with a minimum of 83% Beta-1,3D Glucan content, with no harmful contaminants. Every batch is independently tested and a Certificate of Analysis is provided and available upon request.
Research proves that purity matters when it comes to biological activity. No other Beta glucan can match the effectiveness that has made Transfer Pointâ€™s Beta Glucan the respected name in immune support.