- Bruise fresh Calendula flowers by scrunching them or rolling them in your hands.
- Pack a glass jar full with the bruised flowers.
- Cover packed flowers with olive or Sesame oil.
- Cover with a tight lid.
- Store jar in a dark cupboard and shake the jar well every day for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, strain oil through a cheese cloth into a clean glass jar or bottle.
- Add tincture of Benzoin or Vitamin E to help preserve your oil.
What You Need:
- Calendula flowers
- Olive or Sesame oil
- Glass jar with lid
- Cheese cloth
- Benzoin or Vitamin E
- Clean glass bottle
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
- Do not use metal or plastic containers.
- Dark glass would work best for your final bottling.
- You may use dried Calendula flowers if fresh are not available.