This recipe is too drying for the eye area, so avoid applying it there.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup Orrisroot (find it online at your favorite herbal shop)
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dulse (a kind of seaweed; buy it at your local natural foods store or online at your favorite herbal shop)
- 2 tablespoons kelp (available at your local natural foods store or online at your favorite herbal shop)
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- Several strips of 8” by 8” torn bed sheets, gauze, or other clean cotton material
1. Sift together the baking soda, Orrisroot, and sea salt into a large bowl.
2. In a spice mill, powder the dulse and kelp and add to dry ingredients.
3. Heat the distilled water to boiling, then pour over the dry ingredients.
4. Stir thoroughly.
1. Wear a shirt with a fairly low neckline for easy access to your neck and chin.
2. Moisturize the jaw, chin, neck, and cheek area of your face with a light moisturizer or vegetable oil. Dab your face with a cloth to remove any excess oil or moisturizer.
3. Using a wooden spoon, apply the mixture to the jaw, chin, neck, and cheeks.
4. Immediately wrap the sheets or gauze snugly first around the neck, then from the chin around the head several times, to just below the eyes. Next, wrap sheet or gauze up over the top of the head and under the china few times to secure.
5. Relax and be quiet until the mixture and sheets become dry and tight (approx. 30 minutes). No talking–this will stretch the sheets and keep you from getting the results you desire.
6. Rinse your face and neck with the coldest water you can bear. Notice the surprising softening effects on your skin.
Revitalize Your Skin While You Sleep
Would you like to naturally soften, moisturize and revitalize your skin while you sleep? Using the latest in Cell Rejuvenation Technology our Xtend-Life Restorative Night Formula helps your skin regain some of its lost youthful appearance.
This unique formula is packed with special active ingredients and natural oils, which utilize delivery systems to penetrate deeply into your skin and nourish it during the night.
It has similar ingredients with some additional ones that are not practical to use in a day cream formula, which has to be kept lighter.