Warts can appear on any part of the body including the genital area, but are found most often on the feet or hands.Â They appear as rough patches of skin and have dark borders.
They are common in the general population affecting 75 percent at some point in their lifetime.Â Men and women are both affected equally and people of all ages are equally susceptible.Â They can appear singly or as a cluster.
Warts are caused by the human papilloma virus, and most appear ugly but are usually not painful or serious.Â Since they appear on the hands and feet most often, they are unsightly and warts can be spread.
It is important to avoid touching the warts with your hands then touching other parts of your body.Â Sharing clothes, towels, or other articles used by the affected person can spread them to other people.
Genital warts are common among the younger population and can be passed through intercourse.Â They appear around the vulva, vagina, scrotum, penis and anus.Â They will cause a burning or itching sensation.Â A person may have genital warts and not experience any symptoms for years.
Home Remedies for Warts
Many people have duct tape readily available and here is a great cure for warts using duct tape.Â It may take a few days but this remedy has proven 80 percent effective in healing warts especially on the feet.Â Put a piece of the tape over the wart and leave it on for at least six days.
Remove the tape after those days and soak the wart in warm water for five minutes.Â After the wart dries, repeat the duct tape therapy.Â It can take about two months for the wart to disappear but is especially effective for small warts in one treatment.
Water and Iodine
Another home remedy that was used by my grandma on a cluster or seed wart worked and it never reappeared.Â The wart was soaked in warm water, which was a good reason for me to need to wash the dishes, and then soaked in iodine.Â She tipped the iodine bottle directly over the water with the top against the skin.Â This method was used every time my hand was in water.Â The wart disappeared in a few weeks, and I have never had another one.
Vitamin C tablets, crushed and mixed with a couple of drops of water can be used as a paste to apply to the wart.Â Soak the affected area, and then apply the mixture.Â Wrap it, or cover the wart with a band-aid for a day.Â The high acidity content helps destroy the HPV virus that causes warts.
Another popular home cure uses a banana peel.Â Use the peel of the banana placed over the wart and covered with a bandage.Â Leave it in place for about four days.Â Place a plastic bag over the foot when you shower.Â Patients who have used this method swear when they take the bandage off the wart and the banana peel is gone.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Wash the part of the body afflicted with the warts thoroughly. You have to remember to wash your hands as well to avoid bacteria into having contact with the skin.
- Take one cup of apple cider vinegar and mix it in with water.
- Place apple cider vinegar on the affected area using a cotton ball. Do remember that if you can soak the body part afflicted with warts on a bowl of diluted apple cider vinegar, this is okay too.
- Leave on the apple cider vinegar on the affected area of the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Do this every day until you start to see a significant change with the warts that you have on your body.
If you have genital warts, do not use these methods without consulting a doctor.
Warts Treatment Alternative
Safe and Effective For These Types Of Warts:
* Common Warts that usually occur on the hands but can appear elsewhere.
* Plantar Warts that appear on the feet are particularly contagious. * Flat Warts that often appear on the face and forehead, most often in children.
* Subungual & Periungual – found under or around the nails and can be stubborn to remove.
* Body Warts which can appear anywhere on the body in many different shapes and sizes.
* Facial Warts which appear on the face and require care to gently be removed.
What About Other Wart Treatments?
Surgical removal or wart freezing may remove warts but these methods do not get rid of the HPV virus that causes warts. More aggressive options for wart treatment such as acid based products can be painful and ineffective. Many of these removal methods lead to scarring and warts often grow back due to ineffective treatment.
Heal Warts Formula – The Original Wart Removal Alternative
Heal Warts Formula is all natural and contains no harmful additives. Our FDA listed wart remover alternative is manufactured to the highest standards in the USA.
Made up of the highest quality essential oil and homeopathic ingredients, Heal Warts Formula is gentle on skin and safe for adults and children over 4 yrs. Simple to apply and fast acting!