We've all heard the saying that the body is a temple, but how are you treating yours? To improve your health (and your skin!), you might want to consider the beauty and health benefits of green tea and add it to your daily diet.
Green tea has been used as a standard drink in Asian countries for years where it has helped to maintain health and vitality.
Although the Western world now recognizes the health benefits of green tea, it is still grown and manufactured in Asia. It is cultivated, dried, pressed and processed there from a variety of different trees. Some companies still do the work by hand. It is shipped around the world so others can enjoy the benefits that Asian peoples have known for years.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Antioxidant protection – Green tea is filled with antioxidant substances called polyphenols. It actually contains a high concentration of them. These substances can retard some of the signs of aging. They also help neutralize free radical action in the body that can lead to cataracts, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, joint problems and wrinkling.
- Weight loss – This is the jewel in the rough. It has been shown that green tea extract led to increased weight loss in subjects participating in studies. Drinking a cup a day can help increase your metabolism so you burn more calories even at rest.
- Dental health – Drinking green tea might be good for your body beginning with your mouth. It has been suspected that substances in green tea actually neutralize the bacteria in the mouth that can lead to tooth decay and dental plaques. Drink it regularly for the benefit.
- Disease prevention – Studies are being conducted that show promising results for those with Parkinson’s disease. Drinking green tea can help prevent the condition. Green tea can help prevent the breakdown of nerve cells in the brain leading to a depletion of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsible for movement in the body.
- Infection management – If it can work on the bacteria in the mouth, it can help in other areas of the body as well. Green tea has been shown to help reverse sepsis in laboratory mice. Drinking green tea can boost your immunity to fight off infections so you sepsis is not an issue.
- Heart disease – Another of the health benefits of green tea is that when you consume it regularly, it may help you control your risk of heart disease. It has been shown that substances in green tea help to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood by blocking its oxidation. Not only that, but it also helps to improve levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and keep the arteries pliable and clear.
The Beauty Benefits of Green Tea
- fade scars, and reduce inflammation. Green tea even helps improve the skin’s elasticity. A 2003 study by the Medical College of Georgia showed that green tea aids skin rejuvenation. Improves complexion – Green tea can improve your complexion and improve skin health. It helps flush out toxins from the skin, can heal blemishes and help
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes – The antioxidants and tannins (an astringent) in green tea can help reduce eye puffiness and dark circles. These substances help shrink blood vessels beneath the delicate skin around the eyes, which in turn reduces swelling and puffiness. In addition, green tea's vitamin K helps to lighten dark under-eye circles.
- Fights the signs of aging – Green tea is also effective in helping to delay the signs of aging including sagging skin, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles and sun damage. Green tea's polyphenol content helps to neutralize harmful free radicals, which are the main culprits in causing significant skin damage and accelerating the aging process.
Also learn about the health benefits of Matcha tea.
What is Aging?
Some scientists and physicians suggest that aging is a ‘disease’. This is not a fair description. Aging is not a disease but part of the process of life itself!
You cannot reverse aging but you can help slow it down to an optimal level which nature intended. So, how long should we live for? This is a subject of much debate and disagreement.
Some scientists claim extraordinary times…200+ years. However, this is really in the realm of science fiction.
The position of Xtend-Life is that it is possible to live to the projected maximum human life span of 120 years. To achieve this, your life has to be well balanced! In other words, your lifestyle, your diet, the amount of exercise you do, the environment you live in and your nutrient intake have to be as close as possible to optimal.