Feet are our foundation. They take us everywhere we want to go. Feet are one of the most used and at the same time most neglected parts of the body. The average person walks 10,000 steps a day.
During their lifetime, our feet will have walked around the planet more than four times. Feet have approximately 250,000 sweat glands and can excrete up to half a pint of fluid a day.
Awesome Sole-Baring Tips
1. Wash your feet daily and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes. When feet are clean and dry, odor and disease-causing bacteria have little chance to grow and spread.
For a soap-free foot wash, add warm water to a plastic basin large enough to hold your feet. Then add 1 cup of lemon juice, Â½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoon of olive oil and Â½ cup of milk. Soak for 20 minutes, then rinse with water and pat dry.
2. Use a Ped Egg. This is a fantastic tool to have in your beauty care arsenal. It is designed to exfoliate rough, ragged and callused feet. To avoid cutting into healthy skin, be sure to use it slowly and with medium pressure. You might also try using a pumice stone or sloughing cream for your feet.
3. Cut and file nails straight across. Avoid cutting down the corners of the nail as this can lead to ingrown toenails.
4. Apply moisturizer daily – but not between the toes. Feet have fewer oil glands than other parts of the body, so they dry out quickly. Apply moisturizer as soon as you get out of the shower while your feet are slightly damp. Choose moisturizers that contain salicylic acid, lactic acid or urea which work well for extremely cracked, dry skin.
5. Wear socks. Socks protect a shoe's inner sole from dirt and the accumulation of old skin, while also giving your feet some padding and comfort. Make sure you change them daily and wash them with bacteria-killing soap.
6. Make use of a cedar shoe tree. All shoes, but especially leather shoes, will benefit from using a cedar shoe tree. They not only keep your shoes smooth, but they also absorb any accumulated moisture. When the shoe tree loses its freshness, give it a light sanding with high-grit paper to reactivate it.
7. When possible, purchase shoes with leather linings rather than fabric. Leather wicks away moisture better. Replace inner moisture-wicking soles when they lose their freshness.
8. Thick toenails may indicate the presence of a fungus. Seek treatment as soon as you notice it. An over-the-counter product with 25% undecylenic acid can be used. Applying tree-tree oil directly to the nails is a less expensive alternative.
You can also soak your feet for 15 minutes in a solution made of Â½ cup peroxide and Â½ cup Epson salts, or use original flavored Listerine mouth wash; both will kill the bacteria.
As you can see, getting relief for your tattered feet is not hard or expensive. Follow the tips above and you will be showing off healthy and beautiful feet in no time.
HNail Fungus – A Breakthrough Natural Solution
* FDA Registered
* Natural and safe to use
* Contains no harmful chemicals
* Fast acting, extremely effective
HNail Fungus Formula uses established homeopathic ingredients to treat the symptoms of nail fungus on the fingernails and toenails. This unique fast-acting formula also contains pure natural essential oils and is applied directly to the condition. The product is natural and free from any harmful chemicals or additives.
HNail Fungus Formula works by reducing the fungus in the nail bed. The product is concentrated with a deep penetrating anti-fungal action. For extra benefit, add a drop to the bath water. When used as directed, the formula will reduce the symptoms of nail fungus such as discoloration so that your finger nails and/or toenails are restored to their former healthy appearance.
All products come with an Unconditional 90 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unhappy for any reason, simply return the bottles for a full refund of your product purchase. No questions asked!