An Antiseptic salve that aids in speedy healing and helps to prevent scarring. Use on minor cuts and other skin problems.
- 2 stainless steel 1/2 quart pans or 1 cup size.
- 10 one ounce tins.
- 1/8 oz Goldenseal Root Powder
- 1/4 oz Asian Yellow Ginger Powder (Absolutely Necessary)
- 10 fresh crushed Cloves
- 1/4 oz powdered Myrrh
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 1/8 oz powdered Comfrey Leaf
- 8 to 10 oz. petroleum jelly or Beeswax
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
- Place oil in pan and set on very low heat. When itâ€™s near hot-add Goldenseal.
- Stir well then add Cloves. Continue stirring. Let the mixture set on very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place petroleum jelly in a second pan and heat it at medium until hot (but not close to smoking). (A drop of water will pop and spatter across the surface when ready.)
- When hot – add Myrrh. Stir well (remember to check on first pan-it shouldnâ€™t cool too much).
- Let Myrrh heat in very hot oil for 10 minutes or longer (preferably15 to 20) at low heat.
- Add Ginger. Let heat for 5 minutes and add Comfrey leaf powder. Stir well.
- Add oil from first pan to the second. Stir and strain the entire mixture into either the first pan or another container. Now you are ready to fill your tins.
- Salve will set up and be ready to use in a couple of days.
Safe, Effective Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Native Remedies is the market-leading brand of natural remedies specially formulated to offer a complete solution for holistic health and wellness.
With over 500,000 customers worldwide and more than 250 herbal remedies and homeopathic remedies, weâ€™re confident that youâ€™ll find the holistic health products you need.
Find out how our dual-modality approach to wellness can provide fast-acting symptomatic relief (homeopathic) plus improve body function for long-term holistic health (herbal), and discover the bodyâ€™s innate sense of healing with tissue salts and flower essences.