Instead of feeding cancer with the way most of us normally eat, here is a great recipe to help fight cancer! The onions, leeks and kale are blended prior to cooking to break down the plant cell walls and activate potent anti-cancer compounds.
- 1 cup dried split peas and beans
- 4 cups water
- 6-10 medium zucchini
- 4 medium onions, left whole with paper skins removed and ends cut off
- 5 lbs carrots – juiced (5-6 cups juice, see notes)
- 2 bunches celery – juiced (2 cups juice, see notes)
- 2 Tbsp non-salt seasoning (ie: Mrs. Dash or VegiZest)
- 4 medium onions – chopped
- 3 leek stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches kale, collard greens or other greens – tough stems and center ribs removed
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2.5 cups fresh mushrooms (shiitake, cremini, and/or white) chopped
- Place the split peas, beans and water in a very large pot over low heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Add zucchini whole to the pot.
- Add carrot juice, celery juice, VegiZest/Mrs. Dash.
- Put onions, leeks and kale in a blender and blend with a little bit of the soup liquid. Pour this mixture into the soup pot.
- Remove the softened zucchini with tongs and blend them in a blender with the cashews until creamy.
- Pour this mixture back into the soup pot.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer the beans until soft – about 2 hours total cooking time.
Note: Use freshly juiced, organic carrots and celery to maximize the flavor of this soup.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
- Calories – 322
- Protein – 16 g
- Carbohydrates – 56 g
- Total fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated fat – 1.3 g
- Sodium – 130 mg
- Fiber – 12 g
- Beta Carotene – 24,498 ug
- Vitamin C – 165 mg
- Calcium – 236 mg
- Iron – 5.6 mg
- Folate – 174 ug
- Magnesium – 162 mg
- Zing – 2.8 mg
- Selenium – 7.8 ug
Strengthen Your Immune System Naturally
Beta-1, 3D Glucan boosts the immune system to provide support and balance. It is unlike other immune supplements that simply stimulate or alter the immune response in unnatural ways. Over 50 years of research from prestigious universities around the world document the benefits of Beta-1, 3D Glucan.
Transfer Point is the only company that offers a Beta glucan with a minimum of 83% Beta-1,3D Glucan content, with no harmful contaminants. Every batch is independently tested and a Certificate of Analysis is provided and available upon request.
Research proves that purity matters when it comes to biological activity. No other Beta glucan can match the effectiveness that has made Transfer Point’s Beta Glucan the respected name in immune support.
Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Eat to Live Cookbook. : Harper Collins, 2013. Print.