- 1 can (about 15 oz) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably reduced fat – healthy substitutes include hummus, low-fat plain Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or mashed avocado)
- 1 cup strong cheese of your choice, grated
- 4 whole grain English muffins, halved
- Salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the salmon with the lemon juice, mayonnaise, parsley, dill and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Â½ cup of cheese.
- Arrange English muffins on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for a few minutes until slightly toasted.
- Spread the salmon mixture equally on the muffin halves, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.