Yogi tea has a myriad of health benefits. It’s great for digestion, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps regulate blood sugar, contains Antioxidants, as well as calcium, iron, and manganese.
Overall, it’s a fantastic herbal tonic and is so delicious that it can actually be addictive! But it’s a healthy one!
This particular version can be made with either dairy or non-dairy milk (i.e. soy, Almond, hemp or dairy milk). Or, if you prefer, you can also make it without milk. When it comes time to add it, you can just substitute the milk for the same amount of water.
This recipe makes a stew-pot size full of tea, so it’s good for a party or you can keep it all for you and/or your family!
So here’s the recipe…
Add the following to three quarts of purified boiling water:
- 30 whole green Cardamom pods (you can put them in whole or crush the pods slightly to open them a little)
- 30 whole Black peppercorns
- 30 whole Cloves
- 6 sticks of Cinnamon
- 5 1-inch by 1-inch chunks of fresh Ginger (no need to peel them)
- one-quarter teaspoon of Black tea (The traditional recipe states that the Black tea acts as an alloy for all of the other ingredients. ).
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
Any of the ingredients and the specified amounts are completely optional! You’ll know once you try this recipe out, if you want to alter it at all. But this one is pretty good!
- Simmer on low for 25 to 30 minutes (too high will make it dissipate!).
- Drain into a bigger pot, pouring the liquid through a strainer to capture all of the Spices so that only the liquid remains.
- Then pour 4 & 1/2 cups of your desired milk or water, if you prefer, into the pot, stir and heat it all up together.
- After that, add to taste your desired sweetener to the tea such as maple syrup, agave nectar or honey (but please no refined sugar, you don’t want to ruin a healthy thing!).
For a slight variation, you can add a teaspoon or two of cacao (raw chocolate) to each cup. Cacao is an amazing superfood and has compounds in it that raises serotonin (the feel-good chemical).
And the recipe is relatively quick to make once you’ve prepared it a couple times.
Strengthen Your Immune System Naturally
Beta-1, 3D Glucan boosts the immune system to provide support and balance. It is unlike other immune supplements that simply stimulate or alter the immune response in unnatural ways. Over 50 years of research from prestigious universities around the world document the benefits of Beta-1, 3D Glucan.
Transfer Point is the only company that offers a Beta glucan with a minimum of 83% Beta-1,3D Glucan content, with no harmful contaminants. Every batch is independently tested and a Certificate of Analysis is provided and available upon request.
Research proves that purity matters when it comes to biological activity. No other Beta glucan can match the effectiveness that has made Transfer Point’s Beta Glucan the respected name in immune support.