This thick, rich “complex” for dry skin is made with lots of cocoa butter and other oils designed to aid dry skin. While it is liquid at room temperature, it is rather thick and requires shaking a little before using.
I used unscented cocoa butter so I could add essential oils and not have to worry about a chocolate aroma, but you can use scented cocoa butter just as well if you like the aroma of chocolate. If you use unscented cocoa butter, you will enjoy the blend of essential oils … a fresh, clean and soothing combination.
- 20 grams cocoa butter
- 18 grams sesame oil
- 18 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 18 grams avocado oil
- 1 drop clary sage essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop rose essential oil
- 1 drop geranium essential oil
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
1. Place cocoa butter, sesame oil, olive oil and avocado oil in a heat proof (I use Pyrex) measuring cup, and place the cup in a saucepan of boiling water. Once the cocoa butter is nearly melted, remove the mixture from heat and stir with a clean spoon or pop sickle stick to mix well.
2. Make sure the cocoa butter is completely melted and mixed in. Add the essential oils next and stir well to incorporate.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass bottle with a dropper top and dispense a little at a time to soothe and protect dry skin.
4. In cooler climates, this Cocoa Butter Dry Skin Complex could harden a bit. If this happens, just warm it under warm water before using or store it in a sunny window to keep it pourable. Enjoy!
Natural Skin Care Based on Science
The natural way to beautiful, younger-looking skin…If you cherish your skin and want to put off the visible signs of aging … as well as nourishing your skin with the most effective, natural and safe products possible … our Women's Skin Care Range is for you!
Our products are specially-designed for all skin types … and all climates. We've kept our product range small but comprehensive. Each product has been specially developed to meet specific objectives, using the latest proven cell rejuvenation technology.
This is one Skin Care Line guaranteed to make a difference! They are all unique formulations and years ahead of the ‘name brands'. Isn't it time to learn more about a truly effective Women's Skin Care Range?
Why do we promote this?