Cold sores have a bad habit of appearing just before an important meeting or a big party you have been planning. We get cold sores when the herpes simplex virus acts up.
This virus can lie dormant inside the body unless stress, anxiety or excessive exposure to the sun can cause them to erupt.
Typically cold sores take about two weeks to disappear. Most of the common topical treatments doctors may prescribe can reduce the healing period by a couple of days.
There are some things that you can do in order to reduce the trauma, pain and discomfort using some easy home remedies.
Home Tips to Ease of Cold Sores
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you cover the cold sore with some petroleum jelly. Keep it like that at all times so that it does not ooze and spread the infection to other parts of the face. Do not try and cover the cold sore with makeup. This will only make it worse.
- A new toothbrush once the sores form is a good option. Many times the toothbrush is likely to harbor the virus and spread it to other parts of the mouth. By getting a new one, you will be able to prevent this rampant spread.
- Cold sores are triggered by exposure to the sun. Cover your lips with a lip balm or sunscreen to make sure that the sores do not get worse. You may be able to find lip balms with sunscreen and you should choose an SPF 15 if you can.
- Do not pinch the sores at any cost. Keep your utensils separate and make sure you avoid kissing anyone for the time period when the sores are healing.
- Keep a hand sanitizer close to you at all times. If you touch a cold sore, you should wash your hands immediately to avoid further spreading of the infection.
- Avoid stress since it can aggravate the situation and lead to fever, trauma, fatigue and a compromised immune system. Exercise, meditate, listen to soothing music and keep your calm.
- Licorice contains glycyrrhizic acid that has proven to kill the cold sore virus. Chew some licorice but make sure that the product contains licorice mass.
- Temporary relief from aching sores can be sought by popping some ice in the mouth. Cold milk is another thing that you can soak in cotton and apply on the sores.
Natural Remedy For Cold Sores & Fever Blister Symptoms
Cold Sore Remedy For Mild To Severe Cold Sore Symptoms
This is not just another home remedy for cold sores. Heal Cold Sores Formula uses established homeopathic ingredients and is applied directly to the cold sore or fever blister.
We have sold over half a million products since 2001 and receive hundreds of verified 5 star reviews a year. Try Heal Cold Sores Formula risk free with our 90 day money back guarantee!
Heal Cold Sores Formula – The Natural Choice!
* Safe & effective – Very gentle
* Relieves itching, burning and swelling quickly
* FDA Listed
All natural & manufactured to the strictest Good Manufacturing Practices. 90 Day Money Back Guarantee