There are hundreds of superstitions and Halloween seems to conjure up some of the most creative ones.
Here are superstitions that are associated with or inspired by Halloween:
1. Don’t look behind you if you hear footsteps. It might be the dead following you.
2. It is said that girls should go into a field and scatter hemp seed. They should chant, “Hempseed I sow thee Come after me and show me.” When each girl spins around quickly, she will see a vision of the man who will be her husband.
3. If a bat flies into a house, it is a sign that ghosts are about, and the ghost has let the bat into the house.
4. It is a death omen if a bat flies around a house three times.
5. On Halloween, friends should peel apples from top to bottom. The person with the longest unbroken peel will have the longest life, and if you throw the apple peel over your shoulder, the initial it forms when it lands is the initial of your future mate.
6. When bobbing for apples, the first person to bite an apple will be the first to marry.
7. Go to a crossroads on Halloween and listen to the wind. The wind will tell you all the most important things that will happen to you during the next 12 months.
8. A baby that is born on Halloween will always be able to see and talk to spirits.
9. Bury animal bones or a picture of an animal near your doorway to prevent ghosts from coming into the house on Halloween.
10. At Halloween, nuts are used as magic charms because some people believe that the Devil was a nut-gatherer.
11. Knocking on wood on Halloween keeps bad luck away.
12. It’s the spirit of a dead loved one who is watching you if you see a spider on Halloween.
13. If you ring a bell on Halloween, it will scare evil spirits away.
What? You expected 12?
What are you going to be this Halloween?
This year, Halloween Costumes has a fantastic line of new costumes featuring some of the most popular, strangest, scariest, most glamorous and comical characters of today. You’re going to love the wide range of amazing costumes they have for you. Their unique Halloween Outfits are sure to be a hit at your parties!
For over 10 years, Halloween Costumes has been a prime destination for Halloween Costumes. With competitive prices and fantastic customer service, they are committed to bringing you the best possible outfit for you and your family.
Unique costumes for your whole family at amazing prices – with the largest selection – at Halloween Costumes! (PSSST! They even have a large selection of Pet Costumes!)
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy
Latest posts by Dee Braun (see all)
- Homemade Baby Oil Recipe - February 27, 2017
- Studying Alertness and Retention Oil Blend Home Remedy - February 27, 2017
- Banana Cream Mask - February 27, 2017