The prospect of a surgical facelift can be daunting…not to mention expensive.
Have you wondered if there is a way to get a natural facelift?
Good news – there are some things you can do to give your face a “lift” without going under the knife.
Here are some tips on how to get a facelift without surgery:
It’s amazing what a different hairstyle can do for your face – and the only thing that gets cut is your hair! In fact, you may not even have to cut it; just try a different style.
Here are some tips:
* Create upward tension with a sweeping, tight hairstyle that sweeps your hair up and back from your face. Tuck hair in smoothly toward the top of your head, or pile it near the crown of your head.
This can give the impression of higher cheekbones, and it causes the eye to move upward when people look at your face.
* Bangs have a reputation for making the face look more youthful. It seems like the opposite of the upward tension look, but it still tends to give a youthful appearance by softening the face.
2. Facial Massage
Facial massages can be done by a professional, or you can do them at home. This kind of massage stimulates circulation to the face, and helps give skin a smooth appearance.
Here are some techniques to try:
* With a gentle tapping motion, run your fingertips over your face from the top of your forehead down to the front of your chin. Close your eyes and repeat this for a few minutes. It stimulates the nerves and blood vessels.
* Use your index fingers to firmly massage the middle of your temples. This helps decrease stress and tension, which can give you face a worn-out look.
* Massage your ears by putting your index finger behind your ear and your middle finger right in front of your ear (where your jaw joint is). Pressing gently but firmly, make circles with your fingers to relax the skin under and around your ear.
Taking the idea of a facial massage a little farther, you can get acupressure treatments on your face that can help give lift and tone to your face.
Acupressure also is said to increase collagen production in your skin, which gives it a tighter, smoother look.
4. Facial Exercises
There are some exercises you can do to tone your facial muscles.
Here are some to try:
* Mouth-firming exercise: Relax your muscles around your mouth while lying on your back. Make a “fish face” by sucking in your cheeks and puckering your lips. Hold for 5 seconds, then relax and repeat 5 times.
* Lift your brow by pushing your fingertips into the area right above your eyebrows while simultaneously raising your eyebrows against the pressure. Hold for a few seconds, relax, and repeat 10 times.
* Carefully press on your inner eye socket with your fingertips. Hold the pressure for 15 seconds or so, release, and repeat. This is said to help open up the eyes and reduce puffiness.
5. Firming Masks
Using a few simple ingredients, you can make a firming face mask at home. There are all sorts of masks you can make; here is one idea.
Mix together: 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered honey; 1 egg white; and 1 teaspoon of glycerin with a whisk. Add white flour 1/4 teaspoon at a time until the mix takes on a paste-like consistency.
Whisk until smooth. Apply to your face and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
As you can see, there are all kinds of options for taking back your youthful appearance.
Healthy, Younger-Looking Skin – Naturally
The natural way to beautiful, younger-looking skin…If you cherish your skin and want to put off the visible signs of aging … as well as nourishing your skin with the most effective, natural and safe products possible – our Women’s Skin Care Range is for you!
Our products are specially-designed for all skin types … and all climates. We’ve kept our product range small but comprehensive. Each product has been specially developed to meet specific objectives, using the latest proven cell rejuvenation technology.
This is one Skin Care Line guaranteed to make a difference! They are all unique formulations and years ahead of the ‘name brands’.
Isn’t it time to learn more about a truly effective Women’s Skin Care Regimen?
Stay Informed!Fill out the form below to sign up to our free natural health and healing newsletter and e-zine and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed about holistic healing therapies and effective home remedies for common ailments.
As a thank you for joining our newsletter, we'll also send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course - at absolutely no cost!