It has long been said that eating fish is a healthy choice for the body. The oils contained in fish are rich in substances that the body needs to maintain itself. Have you ever heard of cod liver oil? Here are some of the benefits of including it in your daily diet.
Many people take fish oil capsules as a dietary supplement to get more omega-3 fatty acids into their system. Omega-3s are examples of healthy oils that help with brain and heart function. If you like fish, you can eat cold water fish once or twice a week to increase your healthy fat intake.
Cod liver oil is obtained from the livers of cod. Unlike eating cooked fish, the levels of mercury in them are nil because the purification process eliminates this harmful element. Cod liver supplements differ from some others in that it not only contains omega-3 fatty acids but also a healthy dose of vitamin A and D.
It is hard for many of us to receive vitamin D. It is present in milk and some other foods but our major source is the sun. The increased use of sun block, sunscreen and also increased pigmentation in the skin decreases the absorption of vitamin D through the skin. This vitamin plays a vital role in the utilization of calcium by the body.
Benefits of Cod Liver Oil
Taking this supplement has a variety of benefits for the entire body:
- * Depression – Cod liver oil reduces the incidence of depression.
- * Vitamin D levels – Since it increases the level of vitamin D, it leads to healthier and stronger bones and teeth when taking this supplement. Women, who are susceptible to osteoporosis, increase their bone and mineral density.
- * Heart and brain health – It reduces inflammation in the body and increases vascular integrity and integrity of nerve cells.
- * Disease prevention – Taking cod liver oil supplements may decrease the incidence of high LDL cholesterol levels, improve memory, prevent heart disease, reduce menopausal symptoms, reduce severity of PMS symptoms and also reduce incidence of diabetes type 1 in children.
Just like with any other over-the-counter supplement, it is important to contact your doctor before taking it. Supplements are supposed to be a complement to treatment already given by your medical team. Some can interfere with the efficacy of conventional medications. It is best if a doctor examines your condition and determines if and when supplementation is needed.
Just like any other product for medical use, cod liver oil can have side effects. Pregnant women are advised not to take it due to the potentially high levels of vitamin A and D. Taking too much vitamin A can cause problems for anyone.
There are benefits to taking cod liver oil supplements. If you feel that you may need them, talk to your doctor. Xtend-Life brand is considered to be the ‘Rolls Royce’ of concentrated Omega 3 fish oils at an affordable cost and has been enjoyed by thousands of customers in more than 40 countries for the last eight years.
The Importance of Omega 3s for Your Health
Scientists have established the effectiveness of Omega 3 in a number of health areas, including your Heart, Brain, Joints, Skin, Immune system, Vision, and Digestion.
Like any product on the market today there are ‘good fish oils’ and there are ‘bad fish oils’! With a bad one you may be unwittingly introducing substances into your body that you DO NOT want… such as Mercury and PCB’s for example. We impose tougher standards on the purity of our fish oil than any other known manufacturer.
Our Omega-3 QH Ultra is an exclusive blend of omega 3 fish oils with high levels of DHA and EPA for extra strength, special ingredients for skin protection and repair, and CoQ10 Ubiquinol for heart and muscle health and cellular energy for over 40’s
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy
Latest posts by Dee Braun (see all)
- Homemade Baby Oil Recipe - February 27, 2017
- Studying Alertness and Retention Oil Blend Home Remedy - February 27, 2017
- Banana Cream Mask - February 27, 2017