Shake the Winter blues with an eco Spring cleaning.
Here are 4 natural products that will help you clean without the need for nasty chemicals.
Great solutions if you have allergies or have children or pets.
1) Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda)
Baking soda is a naturally occurring substance that can be used to scour, clean, deodorise and gently lift dirt. Great when added to lemon or vinegar to make them more abrasive.
- Tub & Tile: make a thick paste of baking soda and vinegar. An ideal way to clean grease and soap scum.
- Drain Cleaner: pour 1 part of bicarbonate of soda down the drain followed by 1/2 part of white vinegar. Leave overnight and rinse with warm water. It will clean, deodorise and keep your drains clear.
- Polish Silver: blend baking soda, salt and water to a thin mixture to buff your silvers.
- Freshener: leave a box open in your fridge to get rid of odours. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil for a great air freshener. Refresh carpets by sprinkling baking soda and vacuuming afterwards.
2) White Distilled Vinegar
One of my favourite, I use vinegar on windows, glass surfaces, mirrors and as a dishwasher aid. It is effective for killing most mould, bacteria, and germs. It cuts through grease and grime.
- Windows, mirrors and glass surface: use it pure with a cloth. If your windows are particularly dirty use newspaper instead of a cloth.
- Kitchen surfaces: use undiluted vinegar on your kitchen surfaces. Works wonders on surfaces where grease has set.
- Mineral Deposits: add 125ml of vinegar to a kettle filled with water and leave it to sit overnight. For stubborn deposits, boil pure vinegar directly in the kettle and rinse a few times before using it again. For a clean and odour free dishwasher, pour 250ml of vinegar and run your dishwasher on an empty cycle.
- Toilets: deodorise and make toilets sparkle by pouring in 250-500ml of vinegar. Let it sit overnight and scrub well afterwards.
Lemons have a high level of acidity which makes them perfect for cleaning brass and copper.
- Metal Polish: for brass, make a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar. Apply, leave on for 5 minutes and then wash in warm water. Dry with a soft cloth. For copper take half lemon half dip it in enough salt to cover the cut side and scrub the tarnished area.
- Chopping boards: rub them with lemon to remove stains and odours. Leave to soak overnight and rinse off the next day.
4) Olive Oil
Olive oil is not only great for your health it works wonders on wooden surfaces.
- Wood polish: Mix 1 part olive oil with 1/2 part lemon juice. Spray a little on wood surfaces for a great polish and rub. Buff with a dry cloth.
5) Naturally Eco-Friendly Cleaning Supplies
MyCleaningProducts is the leader in green cleaners. Not only can they clean… they also improve wellness using never seen before ingredients that fill your home with aroma like fragrances.
MyCleaningProducts is largest online cleaning manufacturer in South Florida and expanding. To get 10% off on your order, use coupon code: avant
Learn more about MyCleaningProducts now!
About the author:
Annabelle Randles is the co-founder of eco retailer By Nature. By Nature is more than just a shop – it’s about aspiring to a certain way of life: a lifestyle that combines a desire for style and quality with care for the environment and respect for people; a lifestyle that doesn’t see this as a compromise; an “ethical lifestyle.” Providing a wealth of information on everyday issues such as shopping, travel, investment and reducing chemicals at home, By Nature is dedicated to help consumers make the right choices for a more sustainable world.Free PDF Health Ebook...