Shingles is a painful viral infection of the nerves that can leave you blistered and very sore. It comes from the same virus that chicken pox is from. If you had chicken pox as a child, you are susceptible to shingles.
There is very little you can do to predict when or if you are going to get it and finding how you actually get it is something of a mystery. Finding shingles pain relief can seem like a frustrating and endless endeavor, but it can be done.
Relief for Shingles Pain
Shingles first shows up in the form of an itchy rash. Within a couple of days blisters will show up and which makes it even more itchy. Don’t scratch them and don’t pop them.
- Use an ice pack to bring quick comfort to the infected area. Also, be sure to limit skin contact with the blistered area as shingles is very contagious.
- Wash the area rubbing gently using soap and a cool cloth. It is important that you use cold water when treating shingles as warm and hot water will make it worse. Pat it dry gently.
- Take calamine lotion and treat it like a bad case of poison ivy. Make sure you cover it completely to help take care of the pain that comes from shingles.
- One thing that will help is taking a corn starch bath. Add a couple handfuls of corn starch to cool water and take a nice soothing bath.
- If you notice any of the blisters getting infected, put hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and pat gently over the blister. Don’t pop the blisters as this will only help to spread the infection.
- Stress is known to be a contributor to shingles and may make it worse. Do what you can to relax yourself. If you know some relaxation and breathing techniques, then use them to help control the pain from shingles.
- Wear loose clothing rather than tight, form-fitting clothing, and do what you can to keep cool and dry.
- Try this essential oil blend for shingles.
- If pain becomes unbearable, go see a doctor and have him help you find a treatment for you. Shingles could lead to nerve damage that is permanent and cause you pain for years.
There are other options that you can use in dealing with shingles, but above all try to keep calm and be gentle in dealing with them. Shingles pain relief can be had, but it must be treated with care.
Treating Shingles, Neuralgia and PHN Symptoms The Natural Way
There is no cure for shingles, which is why so many people turn to home remedies for shingles relief instead. A natural remedy for the rash, pain and discomfort is possible. Essential oils and homeopathic ingredients provide quick, gentle and lasting relief, without irritation or scarring.
Heal Shingles Formula – Shingles & PHN Relief
Heal Shingles Formula is a breakthrough FDA Listed product that is applied topically so it starts to provide relief immediately. Using established homeopathic ingredients, the product helps treat shingles and post herpetic neuralgia symptoms on contact.
Heal Shingles Formula is all natural and safe to use on shingles and PHN (post herpetic neuralgia). It contains no harmful chemicals or additives and is extremely gentle and soothing.
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy