Detoxifying is the process of releasing accumulated toxins and waste products that build up throughout our system. From birth, we are bombarded by toxins, externally from environmental sources.
Internally, our organs give off waste products that accumulate in our body. Imbalanced emotions also play a part in polluting our system with excess chemicals such as free radicals, homocysteine and cortisol.
Detoxifying is, in many ways, an easy process. Our body does much of the detoxification process through urination, defecation and perspiration.
As our bodies age and our immune systems weaken from illness, poor diet and/or addictive substances, we sometimes need to give our system an extra helping hand. That is why conscious detoxing is great way back to optimum health.
One of the best ways to start your detoxification is with the body’s biggest organ, the SKIN. A detox diet strengthens the organs involved in detoxification and releases stored toxins, expelling them through the organs of elimination: the skin, as well as the intestines, liver, lungs, kidneys, and lymphatic system.
Adopting A Healthy Lifestyle
1. Eating a diet that focuses on fresh vegetables and fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds and whole grains are extremely important.
2. Regular exercise, which gets your body moving and sweating.
3. Quality sleep, where you do not have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and wake feeling rested.
4. Avoiding drugs and excessive alcohol. The problem is not only illegal substances like cocaine, heroin and marijuana, but we are solicited constantly by legal substances that pollute the body such as habit forming sleeping pills, excessive antibiotics that destroy not only the bad bacteria, but the healthy bacterial flora and the constant ads for alcohol.
5. Nutritional and herbal supplements to protect and enhance liver function, the kidneys ability to process and the digestive system’s regularity,( discussed below).
6. Improving our mental/emotional process by stopping the mental chatter, approving and accepting ourselves and loosing the emotional baggage that drags us down.
7. Taking a spiritual approach by looking beyond the little things that get in the way and accepting and trusting the “Universal Power” or energy to guide you. Take a look at the big picture!
8. Decluttering the toxic waste around you including the clutter in your home/office, the friends or loved ones that poison your thoughts and actions and the environment that is making you sick.
9. Knowing that YOU are in control of your life.
10. That you have the power to do something about that will make a change.
Tips for Detoxing
1. Eating a diet that focuses on fresh vegetables and fruits.
2. Eat whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
3. Adopt a healthy lifestyle including regular exercise.
4. Avoiding drugs and alcohol.
5. Taking a high potency multiple vitamin and mineral supplement.
6. Take nutritional/ herbal supplements to protect and enhance liver function.
7. Go on a three day fast, four times per year.
8. Fasting at the change of the seasons is a good rule to remember.
9. Take care of your skin and know your skin type.
10. Consider a self empowering affirmation to clear your mind.
Simple Detox You Can Do Now
1. Water and Juice Fast: Most experts recommend beginners to do one or the other over every weekend for a few months. A water only fast starting Friday evening and ending Sunday morning (or just all day Saturday, as an alternative) should be broken with a day of raw foods (fruit/salad only, plus water), not with a heavy meal. Make sure that not less than four, and not more than eight, pints of water are consumed during the fast.
In an 8 ounce glass of water squeeze 1/2 – 1 full lemon in the water Then drink.
* 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
* dropper full of milk thistle tincture
* dropper full of dandelion tincture
Have a lemon in a glass of room temperature water, first thing in the morning before food.
2. Try this Detoxification Bath
* 2 Cups Sea Salt
* 2 Cups Baking Soda
* 4 Tbsp. Ginger Powder
Place all ingredients in a hot bath and bathe for 20 minutes. Drink plenty of water. This bath withdraws impurities from your body and helps you to feel better. This bath can be done 2 to 3 times in a week or as needed.
3. Fiber: (water-soluble) psyllium, seed husks, or oat bran are suggested. Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of fiber supplement at night before bed.
4. Milk Thistle: Containing silybum marianum which has proven its ability to protect and rebuild the liver. The liver is a key organ in cleansing because it is involved in detoxifying the body and the digestion of fat.
5. Omega-3: This fish oil has been shown in many studies, to reduce your bad cholesterol levels and reduce plaque buildup in your blood. By reducing your bad cholesterol, you are helping your body to fight off stress and relieve anxiety, tension and even prevent heart disease! Fish that are high in Omega-3 are excellent ways to help your blood stream.
6. Juice Therapy: During juice therapy, the eliminative and cleansing capacity of the organs of elimination, specifically lungs, liver, kidneys and the skin, is greatly increased and accumulated metabolic waste and toxins are quickly eliminated. It affords a physiological rest to the digestive and assimilative organs. After the juice fasting or juice therapy, the digestion of food and the utilization of nutrients is improved.
7. Weekend Mono-diet: This consists of a full weekend of relying on a single food such as grapes, apples, pears (best choice if you have a history of allergy problems), brown rice, millet, or even potatoes (boiled only).
8. Aerobics is very important for increasing circulation and cleansing the skin by increasing the oxygen intake ridding the body of toxins. Be sure to shower immediately to cleanse the oils and toxins that come to the skin’s surface. Sweat. Excretion through sweating releases fat soluble toxins such as DDT, and heavy metals such as lead. Cleansing the pores of the skin and allowing for the rejuvenation process, are all the great benefits of detoxing through regular exercise.
9. Get a Massage: Massage Therapy and Lymphatic Drainage Massage not only treats those parts of you which are a problem, but also affects the whole of your metabolism through normalizing your circulatory, muscular and nervous systems and their interdependent functioning.
10. Your Mental Detox
* A Disciplined Mind Is A Free Mind!
* Gain control over your thoughts… and you maintain control over your life.
* Calming the mind is a behavioral technique used to interrupt, minimize and eliminate “psychological noise”. Retrain your mind and you regain your freedom.
* Obsessive, repetitive thoughts, anxiety and fears are all apart of negative, self-destructive patterns… that can benefit from the positive affirmations and mind quieting.
* Detox by using the seasons as a guide. This allows us to work with… the “flow of nature” and change as our bodies change. What is your belief system? Does it serve you well? Program thought to be positive and your energy and spirit will reflect it!
Detoxification is an Important Part of Staying Healthy
Detox Drops is a natural, safe and effective liquid herbal formula that is especially formulated to cleanse and detoxify the system, rejuvenate liver functioning, eliminate bloating and kick-start your body back to life!
Detox Drops assist in the elimination of toxins in the body; improve liver functioning; stimulate bile production and the breakdown of dietary fat; boost the effectiveness of Weight Management Programs; increase energy and stamina; reduce feelings of fatigue and listlessness; improve skin condition and improve the body’s ability to fight disease by facilitating immune functioning.
Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, Detox Drops is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards.
Visit Andrew's site, Peaceful Mind for more information!