During the wintertime, dry indoor heat and low humidity outside can combine to cause itchy, dry skin.
Merely putting lotion on your skin Is not adequate. As a matter of fact, depending on the ingredients of the lotion, it may really be making your dry skin worse.
To take care of your family’s skin this winter, seek some natural approaches that operate inwardly and outwardly.
Here are a few tips:
* Cut back on soap. Many of us lather up and scour in a hot shower or bath without genuinely thinking about it. But your skin doesn’t require scrubbing with harsh soap on a daily basis. Reserve deodorant soap for important regions of your body, like below your arms and on the undersurface of your feet. Use a mild cleansing agent on the remainder of your skin.
Soaps that are olive or veggie oil-based are both moisturizing and cleansing. You do not necessarily need to use any soap on your body for a good deal of the week. Simply a light loofa or net sponge in water is frequently sufficient to keep wintertime skin healthy. Apply the mild cleanser on your body once or twice a week.
* Consume healthy fats. You can not expect your skin to be moist if it Is not being nourished on the inside. Flax and fish oils are beneficial for internal moisturizing. Eat nuts, as well, and similar foods high in “beneficial” fats like avocado. Dunk your bread in olive oil or hummus and make salad dressing from safflower, almond, or olive oil for fitter fats.
* Drink water, too. Occasionally we become so engaged hydrating our outsides that we forget about the inside. Skin requires water to be plump and smooth. Make certain to get your six to eight glasses each day, even in the wintertime when you are not necessarily thirsty.
* Humidify your home’s air. You are able to accomplish this with a commercial humidifier, but there are additional tips and tricks for raising your home’s humidity. You can dry your laundry inside on a line, for example (this used to be labeled “drip-drying”). You can also leave a pot or kettle of heated water on your heater or woodstove (safety permitting), or even simply ajar in the room. It will evaporate and step-up the humidity even if there’s no heat source nearby.
* Apply sweet almond oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil to your skin after a bath or shower. These natural oils are fantastic for the skin, and they’re completely natural. Children and even infants can typically put up with sweet almond or coconut oil on their skin.
Natural Skin Care Based on Science
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. What you put on it can have a profound impact on your overall health over the long term. That’s why every ingredient in your skincare product needs to be carefully chosen … to feed your skin with essential nutrients.
Did you know that many skincare products contain only tiny amounts of certain active ingredients, just so they can add them to the label? Or that many popular and expensive skincare products can actually damage your skin?
Isn’t it time to learn more about what a truly effective Skin Care Line SHOULD do and SHOULD contain?
Why do we promote this?
Learn Holistic Beauty Therapy From Home!
Holistic Beauty Therapy is becoming popular in addition to traditional salon treatments. Many salons now offer a range of body massage treatments sometimes with the use of aromatherapy essential oils.
Whether you are a total beginner looking to embark on a new career,or an existing therapist wishing to refresh or update your skills, our holistic beauty therapy training course is tailored to suit your needs.
This comprehensive course was designed for the natural therapist who would like to have in-depth training in holistic beauty remedies and treatments which include massage, aromatherapy, nutrition and diet and reflexology.
If you would like to learn Holistic Beauty Therapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy‘s Holistic Beauty Therapist Course.
The diverse and wide range of natural therapies which are covered in this course is of great benefit to anyone who is seeking to offer a wider range of services and knowledge to clients, friends and family. This course will provide you with the crucial expertise and training which is necessary to build and maintain your own holistic beauty salon business.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Stay Informed!Fill out the form below to sign up to our free natural health and healing newsletter and e-zine and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed about holistic healing therapies and effective home remedies for common ailments.
As a thank you for joining our newsletter, we'll also send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course - at absolutely no cost!