When sciatic pain first appears, the cause could be a number of things. To find faster pain relief and a return to normal activity, some natural treatments may be employed.
The idea of natural treatments is to minimize invasive procedures and medicinal options. Most of the remedies can be purchased at the local pharmacy or in your kitchen.
Pain of the sciatic variety arises from the nerve roots that make up the sciatic nerve. Sciatica normally affects one side of the body. The sensation is anything from a dull, throbbing ache to a sharp pain that feels like a jolt of electricity running through your leg.
An episode may last a few days and respond to bed rest. Most often the pain is exacerbated by long periods of sitting and/or standing.
Natural Treatment Options to Relieve Your Pain
* Cold and hot therapy – Ice packs can be used to numb the pain. Place one over the pain center with a towel or cloth in between the skin and the ice. This prevents ice burns from occurring.
Treat the area in 20-minute increments. If cold alone doesn’t stop the discomfort, alternate with hot packs. Heat therapy can increase blood flow to an area to help reduce inflammation deep within where the nerve lies.
* Epsom salts – Taking a warm bath can also help with reducing inflammation. Using Epsom salts can draw toxins out of the body. If the cause of your sciatica is the piriformis muscle in spasm, the salts in combination with the hot water can reduce that.
* Topical preparations – These can be found at any pharmacy or holistic store. Use of any liniment or cream containing capsaicin (a component of hot chilies) provides natural heat that reduces inflammation. St. John’s wort oil could also help when rubbed on the site of pain three times a day.
* Massage – The art of massage is designed to stretch the muscles, break up adhesions in the body and to increase blood flow for better toxin removal from the body. A regular massage could reduce stress and provide the stretching that you need. Inform your therapist about your areas of pain so that they can pay special attention to them.
* Physical therapy – Stretching helps to gently lengthen the muscles and provide the body with greater flexibility. This can be a help for proper body alignment and reduction of injury. If you are having trouble stretching alone, employ the expertise of a physical therapist.
They can help by showing you a variety of exercises to stabilize the spine and hopefully reduce compression of the nerve. When you are able, try doing them on your own.
Begin your treatment of sciatic pain with natural remedies.
Natural Help for Sciatic Pain
Supporting the health and functioning of the sciatic nerve is an important factor in moving around comfortably, whether it’s during a workout or while simply completing everyday tasks.
SciatiGon supports the well-being of the sciatic nerve, so you can maintain comfort throughout the day. Available in convenient tincture form, it’s safe and easy to use, without the risk of side effects.
SciatiGon is a 100% safe, non-addictive, natural herbal remedy specifically formulated to promote sciatic nerve comfort and health.
The formula remains true to the full spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. This manufacturing method also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and ensures that all active ingredients are in perfect balance.
All Native Remedies products are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.