1) Potatoes: Boil potato peels in water, strain, and cool. Use the strained water as an after-shampoo rinse to darken grey hair
2) Sage covers the grey when used consistently over a period of time. Simmer 1/2 cup dried Sage in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Steep for 2-3 hours. Strain, use as rinse on clean hair. Leave on until hair has dried, then rinse out.
(another recipe for darkening gray hair)
- 3 tablespoons Black tea
- 3 tablespoons Sage
- 1 teapot freshly boiled water
Steep Black tea and Sage in water. Allow to cool and use as a hair rinse, pouring the tea repeatedly over the hair. Rinse with tepid water.
3) Mix 1 oz. Sage, 1oz. Rosemary and 1 pint of water. Simmer for 30 minutes and strain. Massage into the scalp and grey hair.
4) Mix 1 tablespoon of apple-cidar vinegar with one gallon of warm water, use as final rinse.
5) Use an infusion of hollyhock (blue-purple flowers) to remove the yellow cast from grey hair.
6) Use betony as a rinse to cover yellow in grey hair.
Natural Skin Care Based on Science
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. What you put on it can have a profound impact on your overall health over the long term. That’s why every ingredient in your skincare product needs to be carefully chosen … to feed your skin with essential nutrients.
Did you know that many skincare products contain only tiny amounts of certain active ingredients, just so they can add them to the label? Or that many popular and expensive skincare products can actually damage your skin?