- Block cracks & points of entry with caulk. Try to water a little more outside – ants come in when they are thirsty or they smell something good. Keep clean. Wipe down kitchen counters, floors and cabinets with equal parts vinegar and water.
- Place animal food bowls in shallow pans of vinegar or water (you can add a little citrus oil or something to deter ants further as long as your animals leave it alone). Lay a line of boric acid (can be mixed with sugar) along the ants path or sprinkle (or use an old spray bottle) behind areas such as ovens, sinks, washers and toilets.
- Cayenne Pepper, chili Pepper, cream of tartar, dried Peppermint, paprika, Cinnamon, salt, dried Sage, cucumber peelings and boric acid all act as a barriers they will not cross. For heavy Infestations mix 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon Borax, and 2 tablespoons water into a thick syrup.
- Soak cotton balls in the mixture and place the cottonballs on low lids or something flat that ants can reach. Place these lids in the middle of ant infestations. The ants will eat it and take it back to the nest and the numbers will diminish slowly.
- For carpenter ants, try to locate and remove the nests. Drill holes in thew wood they are attacking and fill the holes with boric acid.
Earn Your Holistic Healing Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
If you would like to learn Reflexology, Color Therapy, Reiki, Holistic Beauty Therapy, Anatomy & Physiology, Crystal Therapy, Crystal Reflexology or Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Home Study Courses.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy