Grounding exercises help tremendously with maintaining a balance of our physical and spiritual bodies. This particular exercise can serve as an excellent tool for identifying physical stresses and upsets.
1. Lay down comfortably on a bed or massage table.
2. Bring your thoughts from its busy mental chatter downward by focusing on your feet.
3. Notice the soles of your feet, your toes, in-between your toes, the top of your feet. Do they feel hot? or cold? Do they hurt? Are they numb? Do you feel your blood circulating through them? Are they feeling tired?
4. Once you have a made a strong connection with your feet, you may then move your focus upwards to your ankles.
5. Notice, but don’t judge how the different parts feel. For example, when you wiggled your toes, how did that feel?
6. Gradually shift your focus now to your lower legs, onto your knee caps, behind your knees, your thighs and upward.
7. Keep reminding yourself not to rush.
8. Allow yourself to breathe throughout the exercise, especially as you come to any areas of discomfort (stressed muscles, soreness, etc.) or at any spot that feels like there may be an energy block.
9. Once you have moved through your torso and up to your neck drop back to your fingertips.
10. Move to the hands, up your arms and shoulders, returning now to your neck.
11. Finish up with your face and scalp.
1. Don’t rush this process. Take your time moving upwards to each part of your body.
2. Do not touch yourself. Just allow your mind to switch focus from wherever it is and mentally consider your body’s sensations.
3. Do this exercise while laying down is recommended, but for anyone who tends to fall asleep quickly upon hitting the pillow sitting upright in a chair may be preferable.
Earn Your Holistic Healing Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
If you would like to learn Reflexology, Color Therapy, Reiki, Holistic Beauty Therapy, Anatomy & Physiology, Crystal Therapy, Crystal Reflexology or Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Home Study Courses.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!
Republished by Blog Post PromoterFree PDF Health Ebook...