- Bruise fresh Calendula flowers by scrunching them or rolling them in your hands.
- Pack a glass jar full with the bruised flowers.
- Cover packed flowers with olive or Sesame oil.
- Cover with a tight lid.
- Store jar in a dark cupboard and shake the jar well every day for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, strain oil through a cheese cloth into a clean glass jar or bottle.
- Add tincture of Benzoin or Vitamin E to help preserve your oil.
What You Need:
- Calendula flowers
- Olive or Sesame oil
- Glass jar with lid
- Cheese cloth
- Benzoin or Vitamin E
- Clean glass bottle
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
- Do not use metal or plastic containers.
- Dark glass would work best for your final bottling.
- You may use dried Calendula flowers if fresh are not available.
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy