- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/8 cup epsom salts (optional)
- *witch hazel in a spray bottle
- various essential oils & dried herbs
- Sift all dry ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add essential oils (about 10-20 drops per recipe – *see below for blends*)
- Spray 3 times with witch hazel and mix well. Keep spraying the mix until it clumps when you squeeze it in your hands, but make sure it is not wet.
- Add dried herbs if using. Press firmly into molds (ice cube trays, soap molds…) Let sit one minute in mold, then carefully take them out and place on wax paper. If your house/apartment is humid, remember to place a clean tea towel over the bombs and place under a fan. This will prevent the bombs from activating.
- Let dry 24-48 hours.
Here are a few aromatherapy blends:
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
Stress Relief Blend:
- 5 drops ginger
- 7 drops bergamot
- 2 drops geramium (use dried geranium)
- 5 drops Chamomile
- 10 drops lavender
- (use 2 tbsps of dried lavender and/or chamomile)
- 5 drops ylang ylang
- 5 drops patchouli
- 5 drops sandalwood
- (use dried rose petals or buds)
- 6 drops lemongrass
- 15 drops Petitgrain or Neroli
- (use dried lemongrass or dried lemon peel)
- 8 drops Clary Sage
- 10 drops Lavender
Get your herbs and oils at a place you can trust!
Starwest Botanicals not only utilizes their own milling and packaging operations for all organic herbs and bulk spices, they also conduct quality control testing on each and every product in their own laboratory.
With attention like that, you can be sure you will receive only the highest-quality organic herbs, dried herbs, organic spices, therapeutic essential oils and all natural products when you place an order with Starwest Botanicals.
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy
Latest posts by Dee Braun (see all)
- Peach Shower Gel Recipe - February 23, 2017
- Are Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) Harming Your Health? - February 23, 2017
- Are You Thinking Yourself Sick? - February 23, 2017