According to the EPA, this spray mixture is an effective way to kill MRSA. No need to rinse.
In a four ounce spray bottle mix:
- 3 ounces isopropyl alcohol
- 1 ounce Witch Hazel (to tone down the isopropyl a bit for all skin types)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract or two or three drops of essential oil.
Lavender Antibacterial Spray Recipes
You don’t have to invest in a lot of chemical-based cleaners to kill germs.
You can make your own disinfectant spray at home. Lavender has antiseptic properties, and it smells fresh and clean.
Ingredients for Lavender Antibacterial Spray:
- -3 cups water
- -1/4 cup white vinegar
- -2 teaspoons vegetable-based liquid soap (or biodegradable dish soap)
- -10 to 20 drops lavender essential oil
- -10 drops grapefruit seed extract or tea tree oil
Put all the ingredients into a 1-quart spray bottle, shake well, and use on countertops, tables, and even glass.
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
Here is another recipe for lavender antibacterial spray that does not have any vinegar:
- -1 cup water
- -1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- -15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
Put all of these ingredients into a spray bottle, shake, and spray on any hard surface that needs cleaning.