Hot Toddy Recipe for Colds
1. Pour hot steaming boiling water into cup.
2. Add 2 tsps. lemon juice.
3. Add 2 tsps. honey (any kind, although raw honey is best).
4. Lightly dip one herbal tea bag (any flavor, but we recommend Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care tea to be used in a hot toddy recipe for colds) in cup. If you are using the Gypsy Cold Care tea, steep, covered, for 10-15 minutes before drinking.
5. Sip slowly. Repeat every two hours (or as needed) for cold/flu.
Add 1 tsp. of rum, brandy, or cordial to this hot toddy recipe for colds.
NOTE: The purpose of this hot toddy recipe for colds is threefold:
1. The hot steam from the boiled water will help loosen the mucus in your nose and throat and enable you to breathe more freely.
2. The lemon dislodges the mucus from your throat and adds much-needed vitamin C.
3. The honey not only coats your throat to prevent redness, but also soothes the throat irritation from the dislodged mucus, as well as adding nutritional benefits.
4. If you add the alcohol, it helps to “sweat” out whatever fever you may have and helps you sleep better.
Adding the tea to this hot toddy recipe for colds is not absolutely necessary unless you want additional flavoring, but do not use regular tea as most are caffeinated. Gypsy Cold Care by Traditional Medicinals is my personal favorite for this remedy, with green tea being a close second.
Before you head off to make this terrific hot toddy recipe for colds, let me recommend 2 natural antiviral remedies for colds and flu to you. ImmunityPlus and FluGo have both been tested by our editors and found to be very effective at boosting the immune system, speeding recovery time from viral infections such as cold and flu, and warding off further viral infections. I, personally, use both ImmunityPlus and FluGo natural antiviral cold and flu remedies for myself and my children during cold and flu season for their outstanding antiviral and immune system strengthening action.
These natural remedies are manufactured by Native Remedies. We thoroughly researched this company that makes these natural antiviral herbal and natural antiviral homeopathic formulas and have found that all of their products are created using their Full Spectrum Approach (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
All Native Remedies‘ formulas, including these two natural antiviral remedies, contain no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, are not tested on animals, and backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee. Plus, individual homeopathic ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Also, they only use WHOLE HERB herbal extracts, the purest form of the herb with the highest quality and therapeutic benefits.
Hot toddies have been around for centuries, especially in England and Ireland. What I’ve particularly noticed is that upon drinking two or three cups of this tea (spaced two hours apart), my cold symptoms are reduced dramatically within 24 hours. We hope this hot toddy recipe for colds helps you feel a whole lot better!
Stay Informed!Fill out the form below to sign up to our free natural health and healing newsletter and e-zine and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed about holistic healing therapies and effective home remedies for common ailments.
As a thank you for joining our newsletter, we'll also send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course - at absolutely no cost!
Free PDF Health Ebook...