Have you ever wondered about the power of crystals? Did you know that crystals have the metaphysical power of healing? Using certain crystal methods, crystal healing can help a number of physical problems.
This metaphysical healing relies on the innate powers of healing crystals. For example, rose quartz is great for emotional healing, amethyst crystals for headaches, malachite for the stomach, lapis for anxiety, and jade for the heart…just to name a few.
So let’s learn how to use crystals to cure your ailments.
ALL ABOUT CRYSTALS & HEALING
From as far back as the days of the legendary lost city of Atlantis, through the ancient Mayan and Hebrew civilizations, and including Far Eastern and Native American cultures, crystals and gemstones have been used both in spiritual rituals and as aids to physical healing.
Today the practice of using stones and crystals continues. Not only with the aboriginal shamans of Australia who use stones to commune with spirits, but with ordinary people across the world who claim extraordinary results.
How do crystals work? No one seems to know for sure. Tales tell that they were first used in Atlantis. Crystals became important to the people of that civilization who believed in their capacity to store and amplify any power source fed into them – physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. Practitioners of modern-day crystal therapy believe that the stones’ ability to work as conductors allow them to focus energy via a person’s thoughts to stimulate healing – both physical and non-physical.
However, in addition to medical controversy as to their efficacy, the use of crystals for healing is not an exact science. There is plenty of information available to describe which crystals and gemstones are good for treating certain ailments or for the prevention of certain conditions. The problem is that much of it appears contradictory.
Still, thousands of people world-wide swear by the use of crystals for a variety of mental, emotional, and physical problems. There are numerous claims that they aid such in diverse areas as harmonious relationships, allergies, and spiritual awakening.
Crystals are used in meditation and spiritual ceremonies, laid on the body during types of massage or bodywork, when a person is resting, or placed in drinking or bathing waters. It is claimed that an odd number of facets on the stone aid in healing, while an even number of facets create the best energizers. Red, yellow, and orange stones are said to produce energy, clear and aquamarine stones are healers, and lavender and blue-violet stones create calming effects.
Here is a list of commonly known crystals and their reputed benefits. Please note that this information is not intended to replace any licensed medical or psychological treatment. No guarantee is made towards validity, and the use of any crystals for the claims listed below is at your own risk.
Crystals for Healing
- Amethyst: Headaches, eyes, scalp, hair, pituitary gland, balancing blood sugar. Psychic abilities, imagery. Purify and transmute negativity. Reduce anger, impatience, and nightmares. Spiritually uplifting.
- Aquamarine: Heart, immune system, thymus, lymph nodes. Calming, uplifting, flexibility, innocence, joy, creativity, communication, self-knowledge, confidence, purpose. Releasing anxiety, fear, and restlessness.
- Carnelian: Circulatory system, kidneys, stimulate appetite, emotions, sexuality, physical energy, celebration, reproductive system, menstrual cramps, arthritis, kidneys, gall bladder, pancreas. Confidence, assertiveness, drive.
- Citrine: Acid indigestion, food disorders, allergies. Cleansing spleen, kidneys, liver, urinary system, intestines. Mental and emotional clarity, problem-solving, memory, willpower, optimism, confidence, self-discipline. Reducing anxiety, fear, and depression.
- Coral: Muscles, blood, heart, reproductive system, thyroid, metabolism, spine, bone and tissue regeneration. Not to be used with high blood pressure. Protect and strengthen emotional foundation and enliven emotions.
- Diamond: Increase personal clarity, trust, confidence. Amplify thoughts, attitudes, strengths and weaknesses: Prosperity, generosity, love, spirituality.
- Emerald: Respiratory system, heart, lymph nodes, blood, thymus, balance blood sugar, childbirth, eyesight. Strengthen heart chakra for abundance, growth, peace, harmony, patience, love, monogamy, honesty. Lift depression and insomnia.
- Jade: Heart, thymus, immune, kidney and cleansing blood, nervous system. Courage, knowledge, justice, compassion, emotional balance, humility, generosity, harmony, wealth, longevity.
- Lapis: Anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, shyness, nervous system, speech, hearing, pituitary, inflammation, pain. Mind expansion, intuition, creativity, spiritual connection. Organize, quiet the mind.
- Malachite: Stomach, liver, kidney stones, respiratory system, immune system, vision, circulatory system. Release pain, inflammation, depression, anger. Stimulate psychic vision, concentration.
- Rose Quartz: Emotional balance, love, beauty, peacefulness, forgiving, kindness, self-esteem. Emotional healing, loss, stress, hurt, fear, resentment, anger. Align mental, emotional, and astral bodies.
- Ruby: Infections, cholesterol, blood clots, blood cleansing, impotency. Stimulate circulation, menses, pituitary. Love, courage, confidence, vitality, stamina, strength, leadership, triumph over adversity. Intensify all emotions.
- Sapphire: Reducing inflammation, fevers, nosebleeds. Hearing problems, TB, burns. Communication, depression, intuition, clairaudience, mental clarity and calm.
Caring for Your Crystals
It is suggested that you should never let anyone touch your crystals. Each crystal should be cleansed before use to clear any stored energy by either soaking it or burying it in the ground.
Have everything at room temperature. Soak the crystal in one cup sea salt dissolved in one quart of purified or spring water in a glass bowl. Meditate and ask that the crystal be cleared. Soak from 15 minutes to one full day depending upon how many people have touched the stone.
Rinse under cool water and dry with cotton or silk. Burying: Wrap the crystal in cotton, silk, or linen and bury it in a place you feel comfortable. Leave at least 24 hours.
Learn How to Heal with Color and Crystals From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
The history of color healing goes back over 5,000 years, from the ancient Egyptians, Chinese, Native American’s, and Tibetans to present day practitioners and healers. The ancient Egyptians wore amulets of colored stones. They wore red to treat diseases and building strength, yellow to create happiness, and green to increase Fertility.
Today we use blue light on Newborn babies with jaundice in our hospitals. We know that some prisons use pink rooms to calm the more violent criminal. Also, many police stations use blue rooms for their interrogations, as the suspect is more apt to tell the truth in a blue room.
Quartz Crystals have been used since ancient times as powerful healing objects and Meditation tools, and to make medicinal elixirs. You can learn how to handle and work with Crystals to heal yourself, others, and the Earth.
If you would like to learn Color and Crystal Therapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Color and Crystal Therapy Course.
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as aromatherapy, energy medicine, reflexology, massage therapy, Reiki, herbal medicine, sound therapy, homeopathy, etc., or for those just beginning their journey into using color and crystals to heal.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
~ Author Unknown but appreciated ~
Latest posts by Guest Writer (see all)
- How to Starve Cancer Cells - February 22, 2017
- Honey Thyme for Colds and Flu - February 22, 2017
- 5 Simple Juice Recipes for Clear Skin, Healthy Hair & Slim Stomachs - February 22, 2017