Here’s a fun (and healthy!) game day main dish or just for an everyday dinner for football fans. This is a recipe adapted from ivillage.com and it’s easy to make.
It has the addition of carrots to add just a little bit more of a nutritious punch. You can also shred vegetables like zucchini and add them if you’d like to.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Sea Salt and pepper
For topping and decoration:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, oats, carrot, onion, egg, Worcestershire, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Work the ingredients with your hands until they are well combined and stick together well.
- On a non-stick oven safe pan, shape the loaf into a football shape. Make a well on the top of the meat where the ketchup and onion decoration will go.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add ketchup to fill the well you created. Top with thin slices of onion, arranged to look like the football’s laces.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy