The body needs a lot of fiber, so it’s only common sense to add plenty of fiber to your diet. Vegetables will definitely supply you with much of the daily fiber that you need. Nature grows the required vegetables and fruits suitable for the complete nourishment of your body, so you have no excuses.
So, go ahead’ it’s perfectly OK to go crazy eating vegetables.
Here are some juicy tidbits about the benefits of vegetables, and how to prepare them properly.
1. Vegetables are your best bet when it comes to losing extra pounds. Nature provides a terrific buffet of healthy vegetables, and leafy green veggies are your best choice for dropping that spare luggage. So, always try to include a salad with your meals.
2. If you need to have a snack, stay away from the cookie jar! Choose vegetables as a healthy snack instead. We all get those pangs of hunger in between meals, but it is something that we have full control over. A great snack suggestion would be to try munching on carrots. They are a wonderful way to satisfy those hunger pangs and are good for your eyes, as well as your teeth. If people tease you about being Bugs Bunny, just remember that you won’t be saying ‘What’s up Doc?’ nearly as often as they will. You will be healthy!
3. Fresh vegetables are far better for you than cooked or canned vegetables, so always try to eat your vegetables raw. Wherever possible, locally produced seasonal fruits and vegetables fresh from the garden or grove should be eaten. When you cook vegetables, you are taking away nearly half of the vitamins in them. Canned vegetables are not much better than cooked. They are processed and are not nearly as good for you as fresh vegetables. Also, when you buy your vegetables it’s always a good idea to see if the label states whether it’s pesticide free or not.
4. If you do have to cook your vegetables, steam them. Try steaming them without adding anything at all. This is probably the healthiest way to eat vegetables such as cabbages, cauliflowers and a whole host of other yummy vegetables.
5. Consider carrying some sprigs of parsley with you. Parsley is another excellent thing to snack on in between meals. Not only is it good for you in terms of vitamins, but it is also a perfect way to make your breath fresher’ just in case you might need it.
Your mother was right’ eating your veggies is very important for your overall development. And if you haven’t been listening to your mother, it’s not too late for you to start now!
To support your Mom’s advice one more time, here’s one more benefit to eating your vegetables that is often overlooked. Water intake.
Most people seem to be surprised when they learn of the pure simplicity and effectiveness of water for weight and health management. And yet, it’s right in front of us!
Since some vegetables like tomatos (actually a fruit) are a good source of water, you now have one more reason to consume vegetables. So, don’t think about it anymore; just do it.
About the author:
Steve Shannon is webmaster at PrivilegedInfo.com and finds unique and useful information such as the weight loss tips at http://www.privilegedinfo.com/waterwisdom.html.Free PDF Health Ebook...