Does it seem like you just can’t do anything to get rid of your annoying cold? You’re right. There is no cure for the common cold.
However, there are remedies that can bring relief from the symptoms that are making your life miserable.
Sometimes, the remedy for a prolonged cold is simpler than what you can find in a medicine bottle. Despite what the cold medicine commercials tell you, you can actually tackle your annoying cold by using ingredients you have at home.
Try these effective remedies you can employ at home to experience relief:
1. Increase vitamin C intake. Vitamin C increases the body’s resistance to colds and decreases toxicity that can prolong a cold. Vitamin C is found in oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits. Alternatively, you can simply purchase some inexpensive, effervescent vitamin-C tablets at the pharmacy.
2. Drink garlic soup. As gross as this might sound to you, drinking garlic soup is perhaps one of the most surefire ways to get rid of that cold. Garlic has great properties that help to clear up the respiratory passages. The soup also helps to flush cold-producing toxins out the body.
- Boil three to four cloves of chopped garlic in just one cup of water.
- Drink once daily until the cold subsides.
- Drink the mixture once a week thereafter to prevent the symptoms from resurfacing
3. Drink ginger soup. Ginger is also a great remedy for getting rid of a cold and may be easier for you to swallow. It has some of the same benefits of garlic, and you’ll experience relief in no time!
- Cut a piece of ginger root into small pieces and boil in a cup of water.
- Strain and add sugar to sweeten.
- Drink the mixture twice daily until the symptoms disappear.
4. Increase turmeric intake. Fresh turmeric could be the answer to your persistent cold, especially if you have other symptoms like throat irritation. Here’s how you could approach turmeric intake:
- Put half teaspoon of turmeric powder into a ladle.
- Pour a serving of milk over it and allow it to boil.
- Drink once or twice a day.
Other Ways to Attack the Cold that’s Attacking You
- Taking a mild sunbath every day.
- Deep breathing in fresh air.
- Taking brisk walks.
- Adjust wardrobe according to the season so there is less impact from weather elements.
While you’re experiencing the symptoms of a cold, try abstaining from eating solid foods and fill your diet with juices made from fruit and vegetables. You’ll get the direct impact of antioxidants found in these products that can tackle the causes of the cold.
Once you’ve totally recovered from your cold, maintain a well-balanced diet thereafter. Aim to eat natural food items as opposed to processed foods. Pack your diet with healthy, cold-fighting foods like fruit, vegetables, seeds, and nuts.
In many cases, the natural methods produce better results than commercial cold medicines, so in no time, you can expect your annoying cold symptoms to go away for good!
Strengthen Your Immune System Naturally
Beta-1, 3D Glucan boosts the immune system to provide support and balance. It is unlike other immune supplements that simply stimulate or alter the immune response in unnatural ways. Over 50 years of research from prestigious universities around the world document the benefits of Beta-1, 3D Glucan.
Transfer Point is the only company that offers a Beta glucan with a minimum of 83% Beta-1,3D Glucan content, with no harmful contaminants. Every batch is independently tested and a Certificate of Analysis is provided and available upon request.
Research proves that purity matters when it comes to biological activity. No other Beta glucan can match the effectiveness that has made Transfer Point’s Beta Glucan the respected name in immune support.
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy