You’ve probably had sauteed leftover potatoes before, but did you know carrots and other root vegetables can be a great addition? If you have leftover potatoes and carrots or any other root vegetable from yesterday’s dinner, you’re ready to go.
You’ll have a delicious side dish in about 30 minutes.
- Leftover cooked potatoes
- Leftover cooked carrots or other root vegetable
- 3 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper or other seasoning to taste
- Optional: Red Wine Vinegar
- Slice the potatoes and carrots rather thinly, but not so thin that your veggies fall apart.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and carrots and sautee, stirring occasionally until desired crispiness. For a crisp on the outside result, sautee for about 20-30 minutes.
- After they’re cooked, place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Sprinkle seasoning salt, pepper or any of your favorite seasonings.
- For an extra (yummy) kick, use super-healthy, unrefined coconut oil and when nearly done, sprinkle with red wine vinegar!