Coconut Orange Dry Skin Butter is designed exclusively for the driest of skins. It’s perfect for body and I especially like to use it on rough areas like elbows and heels. The scent is a wonderful combination of fresh coconuts and orange.
36 grams virgin coconut oil
8 grams avocado oil
1 gram orange flower wax (you may omit this ingredient)
10 grams beeswax
20 grams distilled water
1/2 teaspoon borax
10 drops sweet orange essential oil
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
1. Combine the virgin coconut oil, avocado oil, orange flower wax and beeswax in a large heat proof (I use Pyrex) glass measuring cup with a pour spout. Place the mixture in a hot water bath until the waxes are almost completely melted.
If you do not have orange flower wax, just leave it out. You will not get as bright a golden color for your finished product, but the texture will be nearly the same.)
2. While the waxes are heating, place the water and borax in a separate Pyrex cup and warm for about 15 minutes in a hot water bath. Stir the water to make sure the borax fully dissolves into it.
3. Once the waxes are melted, remove from heat and stir with a pop sickle stick to melt the wax into the warm oil.
4. After stirring the oils/waxes together to make sure they are evenly combined, begin stirring the oil/wax mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed and add the water mixture as you stir. You will see the mixture begin to thicken as you blend it. Continue mixing until until Coconut Orange Dry Skin Butter is thick and rich. This should take about 5-10 minutes at most.
5. You can also add the preservative of your choice to the cream by following the manufacturer”s instructions for use. If you do not use a preservative, your cream should last up to 2 weeks if you have used fresh ingredients and if you dispense it with a clean utensil (like a cosmetic spatula) and store it in a cool, dry place. Refrigeration between uses will extend shelf life. Enjoy!!
Related Natural Product
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. What you put on it can have a profound impact on your overall health over the long term. That’s why every ingredient in your skincare product needs to be carefully chosen … to feed your skin with essential nutrients.
Did you know that many skincare products contain only tiny amounts of certain active ingredients, just so they can add them to the label? Or that many popular and expensive skincare products can actually damage your skin? Isn’t it time to learn more about what a truly effective Skin Care Line SHOULD do and SHOULD contain?