Very Top Menu

Archive | Aromatherapy Reference

Basic Perfume Making

Basic Perfume Making

The strength of your aromatic liquid depends upon the ratio of essential oil to water and alcohol. Perfume is the strongest formulation and should comprise 15 to 30 per cent essential oil with the remaining 85 to 70 per cent being between 90 to 95 per cent alcohol and 10 to 5 % water. This […]

Continue Reading
Balancing Chakra Bath

Chakra Oil Blending Guide

Use the following chart to find the perfect essential oils which correspond to each chakra. Use 20 to 30 drops of Essential Oil to 1/2 oz. (15 ml.) of jojoba oil (carrier oil).   Chakra Colors Essential Oils Stones #7 Crown Violet Angelica Frankincense Rosewood Amethyst Crystal #6 Third Eye Indigo Rosemary Clary sage Lavender […]

Continue Reading
shutterstock_ (1)

Soap-Making Basics

Making beautiful bars of fragrant herbal soap has never been easier. Purchase glycerin- or coconut-oil-based soap blocks at a crafts store, cut them into chunks, and melt them in the microwave. Add herbs, color, and fragrance to the liquid soap and pour into molds. Purchase soap molds, or use kitchen items such as tart tins […]

Continue Reading

Single Essential Oil Profiles, Benefits, Indications

Caution for using ANY and ALL essential oils: If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, ALWAYS consult your physician before using essential oils. Below you can find our Single Essential Oil Profiles which list the actions, benefits, indications, cautions and companion oils: Angelica (Angelica Archangelica) Action: Anticoagulant, sedating to the nervous system, reduces inflammation of […]

Continue Reading
Focus Blend (Recipe)

Symptom to Oil List

Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals! ABCESSES Lavender, Tea Tree, Thyme, Myrrh, Frankincense, Birch ABDOMINAL CRAMPS Lavender, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Ginger, Basil, Peppermint, Anise, Fennel ACCUMULATION OF TOXINS Birch, Carrot Seed, Juniper ACNE Bergamot, Chamomile, […]

Continue Reading

© 2002-2016 Natural Holistic Health Blog. All Rights Reserved.