Cancer is a disease that can rob you of your body, one cell at a time. But, it does not have to carry you along as a consenting partner. You are able to battle cancer, starting with what you consume. Here are a few cancer-fighting pointers to fortify your nutrition.
Whether you’ve received a diagnosis of cancer or have a family history, there’s one thing that you will be able to always strive to do to affect your situation – change your diet. We are what we eat. When it concerns cancer, let’s view this literally. Early medications were made from edible herbs, plants and foods.
Good nutrition is a crucial part of life. The body is a marvelous machine that knows how to acquire the most from its fuel source to keep the machine running in good shape. 80 or more percent of our nutrients come from the foods that we consume. The body can manufacture many of the substances that it requires but many need to be ingested.
It’s the components of these foods that affect changes within the body. As a matter of fact, food is frequently a main source of the problem when the body starts to break down. For example, consuming too much fat might set off a chain reaction in the body that leads to obesity, heart disease, cancer and even a fatal outcome.
Utilize food as your weapon to fight against cancer, the disease that knows no gender, age, or socioeconomic status.
Here are a few superfoods that will help you to fight against cancer statistics:
* Broccoli – This has been called a “superfood.” That means that it’s a well-rounded food that offers a complete nutrient profile. As far as cancer goes, all cruciferous vegetables (including cauliflower and Brussels sprouts) contain indole-3 carbinol. This substance has been shown to retard the growth of cancer cells. It likewise helps bring down the odds of acquiring breast cancer. Colon cancer is also thwarted by another component called sulfophorane.
* Fish – Fish is a food that contains omega-3 fatty acids. These are good fats that work to protect the heart and likewise reduce inflammation in the body. These fatty acids along with other vitamins help to protect versus prostate cancer.
* Tomatoes – Technically a tomato is a fruit because of the seeds, but it enjoys a comfortable home in the veggie family. This food contains lycopene, a potent antioxidant. It’s the job of antioxidants to fight free radical damage in the body which might lead to all sorts of cancers. The concentration of lycopene is larger when tomatoes are cooked. Consume them in stews, soups, and casseroles.
* Tea – Certain teas such as white tea and green tea contain substances that help stamp down cancers in areas such as the prostate, breast, lungs, ovaries, skin and bladder. Green tea also has antioxidant properties.
* Vitamins – All kinds of vitamins are required for new cell growth and to boost the immune system to repel disease. These include vitamins A, C, E and the B ones. Taking a multivitamin guarantees that you acquire what you need if you do not get it from the food you’re consuming.
Cancer may be a destructive disease but you are able to fight back with the preceding nutrition pointers.
Related Natural Product
Scientists have established the effectiveness of Omega 3 in a number of health areas, including your Heart, Brain, Joints, Skin, Immune system, Vision, and Digestion.
Like any product on the market today there are ‘good fish oils’ and there are ‘bad fish oils’! With a bad one you may be unwittingly introducing substances into your body that you DO NOT want… such as Mercury and PCB’s for example. We impose tougher standards on the purity of our fish oil than any other known manufacturer.
Our Omega-3 QH Ultra is an exclusive blend of omega 3 fish oils with high levels of DHA and EPA for extra strength, special ingredients for skin protection and repair, and CoQ10 Ubiquinol for heart and muscle health and cellular energy for over 40’s
Learn more about Xtend-Life’s Omega-3 QH Ultra.
Stay Informed!Fill out the form below to sign up to our free natural health and healing newsletter and e-zine and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed about holistic healing therapies and effective home remedies for common ailments.
As a thank you for joining our newsletter, we'll also send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course - at absolutely no cost!