* Bath – Add up to 8 drops to bath water and swish water to mix or add 6-8 drops to 1/4 cup Epsom Salts or Baking Soda – Add to bath while water is running and soak 15 20 minutes.
* Clothing – Put 1 to 2 drops on cuffs or scarf. (CAUTION: Many essential will stain clothing.)
* Compress – Add 3 to 5 drops to half a cup of water (hot or cold, depending on the purpose of the compress). Dampen the compress and place over the injured area.
* Cotton swab – Put 1 to 2 drops on a cotton swab, and apply directly to the affected area.
* Dressing – Apply 1 to 2 drops directly onto a dressing.
* Face mask – Add 1 drop per 10 ml of natural face mask.
* Face oil – Add 2 to 15 drops to 30 ml carrier oil.
* Foot bath – Add 5 drops to a bowl of warm water.
* Gargle – Use 1 to 2 drops per 30 ml water. Mix the essential oil in a teaspoon of honey. Then mix with warm water. Gargle and spit it out. Do NOT swallow essential oils.
* Gauze – Add 1 to 2 drops to gauze for dressings.
* Humidifier – Add up to 8 drops per pint of water. (Read instructions for humidifier. Some machines may be damaged by sticky residue.)
* Inhalation – Add 3 drops to steaming bowl of water. Lean over the bowl and drape a towel over your head to keep steam in.
* Lotion & Cream – Add 5 to 10 drops to each 30 ml of natural, un-fragranced lotion or cream.
* Massage oil – Add 10 to 30 drops to each 30 ml carrier oil.
* Mouthwash – Add 10 to 15 drops to 100 ml hot distilled or mineral water.
* Pillow – Put 1 to 2 drops on pillow.
* Powder – Add up to 30 drops desired essential oils to 30 ml cornstarch in a small wide-mouthed glass jar, shake well, and allow jar to sit for at least a day before using.
* Potpourri – Add as desired to potpourri.
* Room spray – Add 10 drops per half-pint of warm water to plant mister. (CAUTION: Essential oils may damage furniture.)
* Scalp treatment – Add 2 to 3 drops to 15 ml carrier oil.
* Shampoo – Add 5 to 15 drops to 100 ml natural, un-perfumed shampoo.
* Sitz bath – Add 2 to 3 drops to sitz bath.
* Spray for face & body – Add 10 to 15 drops to each pint of warm water.
* Wash – Mix 20 to 30 drops and a pint of warm water.
Earn Your Aromatherapy Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
Aromatherapy, sometimes also referred to as aromatic or scent medicine, is the art of healing the body using naturally distilled essences from different parts of plants to improve and enhance your everyday emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. These essences are known as essential oils.
If you would like to learn Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Advanced Aromatherapy Course.
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as color/crystal therapy, energy medicine, reflexology, massage therapy, Reiki, sound therapy, homeopathy, herbal medicine, etc., or for those just beginning their journey into using aromatherapy to heal.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!
Republished by Blog Post PromoterFree PDF Health Ebook...