Sesame Seed Oil has been used as a healing oil for thousands of years and the list of benefits of sesame seed oil is long. Sesame oil is mentioned in the Vedas as excellent for humans as there are many sesame oil benefits. It is naturally Antibacterial for common skin pathogens, such as staphylococcus and streptococcus as well as common skin fungi, such as athlete’s foot fungus. It is naturally antiviral. It is a natural anti inflammatory agent.
The benefits of sesame seed oil seem to go on and on.
Sesame seed oil has been used extensively in India due to the many sesame oil benefits as a healing oil, including in experiments which showed it was useful in unblocking arteries. In recent experiments in Holland by Ayurvedic physicians, the oil has been used in the treatment of several chronic disease processes, including Hepatitis, Diabetes and Migraines.
In vitro, Sesame seed oil has inhibited the growth of malignant melanoma (a skin Cancer): PROSTAGLANDIN LEUKATRINES and ESSENTIAL Fatty Acids 46: 145-150, 1992.
Also in vitro, Sesame seed oil has inhibited replication of human colon Cancer cells: ANTI Cancer RESEARCH 11: 209-216, 1992.
Research shows that another one of the benefits of Sesame seed oil is as a potent Antioxidant. In the tissues beneath the skin, this oil will neutralize oxygen radicals. It penetrates into the skin quickly and enters the blood stream through the capillaries. Molecules of Sesame seed oil maintain good Cholesterol (HDL) and lower bad Cholesterol (LDL).
Sesame seed oil benefits include its action as a cell growth regulator and slows down cell growth and replication.
In both the small intestine and the colon, some cells are nourished by fat instead of sugar. The presence of Sesame seed oil can provide those cells with essential nourishment.
One of the more surprising benefits of sesame seed oil: In an experiment at the Maharishi International College in Fairfield, Iowa, students rinsed their mouths with Sesame oil, resulting in an 85% reduction in the bacteria which causes gingivitis.
As nose drops, sniffed back into the sinuses, Sesame seed oil has cured chronic sinusitis. As a throat gargle, it kills strep and other common cold bacteria. It helps sufferers of Psoriasis and dry skin ailments. It has been successfully used in the hair of children to kill lice infestations. It is a useful natural UV protector.
And there are more benefits of sesame oil: Used after exposure to wind or sun it will calm the burns. It nourishes and feeds the scalp to control dry scalp Dandruff and to kill Dandruff causing bacteria. It protects the skin from the effects of chlorine in swimming pool water. Used before and after radiation treatments, Sesame seed oil helps neutralize the flood of oxygen radicals which such treatment inevitably causes.
On the skin, oil soluble Toxins are attracted to Sesame seed oil molecules which can then be washed away with hot water and a mild Soap. Internally, the oil molecules attract oil soluble Toxins and carry them into the blood stream and then out of the body as waste.
Used as a douche mixed with warm water, the oil controls vaginal Yeast Infections.
Sesame seed oil absorbs quickly and penetrates through the tissues to the very marrow of the bone. It enters into the blood stream through the capillaries and circulates. The liver does not sweep Sesame seed oil molecules from the blood, accepting those molecules as friendly.
Sesame oil benefits include helping joints keep their flexibility. It keeps the skin supple and soft. It heals and protects areas of mild scrapes, cuts and abrasions. It helps tighten facial skin, particularly around the nose, controlling the usual enlargement of pores as skin ages chronologically.
There are many ways to enjoy the skin benefits of sesame seed oil and it is not known to have any kind of side effects on the skin. Sesame oil can also be mixed with other oils to increase its skin benefits. Listed below are some of the benefits of sesame oil for skin.
- The vitamin E in sesame oil make it a very good emollient and moisturizer, which, if used regularly, keeps your skin moisturized, healthy, hydrated and nourished. Hence, sesame oil is known to be extremely beneficial for dry skin care.
- Sesame oil has natural sun block and sunscreen properties. Application of sesame seed oil on the body parts exposed to the sun can help prevent tanning and other damages caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun. This is one of the important sesame oil benefits.
- Sesame oil has tranquilizing and soothing properties hence it is popularly used in massage therapies and aromatherapy. A sesame oil face or head massage before going to bed can help you get some sound sleep and rest and is beneficial for people suffering from insomnia.
- The soothing and healing properties of sesame seed oil also proves useful in the repair of damaged skin cells and for skin rejuvenation. Application of sesame seed oil to the skin improves blood circulation which helps repair damaged skin cells and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Sesame oil also seeps into the skin or is absorbed by the skin very easily, which helps skin feel soft, hydrated and light.
- Sesame oil has the ability to attract and trap toxins that are soluble in oil. This detoxification of the skin can be done by applying warm sesame oil to the skin, let it stay for around 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water without using any soap. Read more on facial skin care.
- The antioxidants that it contains helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps you maintain youthful skin for a longer time.
- Topical application of sesame seed oil is also known to be beneficial in the treatment and cure of skin related disorders like psoriasis and eczema.
- Sesame oil is also very beneficial in the cure and prevention of acne due to its oil pulling properties.
Teen boys and girls have learned, wrongly, that all oil is bad for their facial skin. Heavy oils and toxic oils and creams are bad for all facial skin. But Sesame seed oil is the one oil which is actually good for young skin. It helps control eruptions and neutralizes the poisons which develop both on the surface and in the pores. With Sesame oil, no cosmetics are needed. The oil will cause young facial skin to have and display natural good health.
Used on baby skin, particularly in the area covered by a diaper, Sesame seed oil will protect the tender skin against rash caused by the acidity of body wastes. In the nose and ears, it will protect against common skin pathogens.
For children going to school, who will be in the presence of other children with Colds and sniffles, the benefits of Sesame seed oil swabbed in the nose can protect against air borne viruses and bacteria.
When using the oil as a massage oil, stroke the long limbs up and down. Use circular motions over all joints to stimulate the natural energy of those joints.
As you have now learned, the benefits of sesame oil are wide and varied and even somewhat amazing – and no home should be without a bottle of golden, pure and incredibly useful sesame oil. You can purchase this wonderful, natural oil and reap the sesame oil benefits by clicking here.
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!
Free PDF Health Ebook...