- * 2 Tablespoons Bees Wax
- * 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Butter
- * 3 Tablespoons Shea Butter
- * 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- * 1 Tablespoon Vitamin E Oil
- * 1 Tablespoon Honey Powder
- * 2 Tablespoons Activated Charcoal Powder
- * 3 Tablespoons Rhassoul Clay
- * Optional: Herbal Extracts, Essential Oils – depending on what you’re using the black salve for
- * 8 1/2 ounce clear jars
Put Bees wax, cocoa butter and shea butter in a small pot and heat. You want to keep it at 180 degree for at least 15 minutes. This is easier than it sounds. Just heat it on medium high until it is melted. Turn off the burner and let it sit. It should still be over 180 in 15 minutes. 🙂
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended. The easy place to buy Activated Charcoal is at StarWest Botanicals or in your local health food store or herbal medicine store. If you buy a pound of the activated charcoal powder, you won’t have to open a bunch of capsules and you’ll have it on hand for family emergencies and first aid. You can read about the benefits of activated charcoal HERE.
Feel free to add any relevant herbal extracts to the black salve formula just before you spoon it in. You want to make sure it is very cooled off before adding any extracts, essential oils, or fragrance. Add appropriate essential oils according to what you think you’ll mostly use the black salve for. A list of essential oil profiles and properties can be found HERE.
Once the black salve is smooth, spoon into 1/2 ounce jars. Give a jar to everyone you know. They will thank you for it!
You can find all of the ingredients for the Basic Black Salve recipe at StarWest Botanicals – terrific organic and therapeutic grade herbs, essential oils and other natural ingredients!
Recipe courtesy of SoapCrafters
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy
Latest posts by Dee Braun (see all)
- Studying Alertness and Retention Oil Blend Home Remedy - February 27, 2017
- Banana Cream Mask - February 27, 2017
- How to Make Rose Bath Powder - February 26, 2017