Most of us go through periodic bouts of worry and Stress, or times when our thoughts seem to go round and round like a hamster wheel.
Fortunately, there is sweet-smelling relief close at hand.
Find out which essential oils can help to settle your mind, alleviating worry, obsessive overthinking, and muddled anxiety. We’ll also tell you how to make a simple and effective spray that you can use just about anywhere for soothing and comfort. You can even add it to your house-cleaning sprays!
- Essential oils of Marjoram and Chamomile help to quell the worry of a mind under pressure and in need of comfort. Camphoraceous and clarifying, yet sweet and reassuring, Marjoram oil is useful for hazy, fretful states of mental fatigue. It helps to settle those who feel they have no one to talk to, and must consequently struggle with their worries on their own. It’s also good for those who tend to worry incessantly about others.
- Roman and German Chamomile oils are for the overthinking of the tense perfectionist, and for the person who finds it difficult to ’switch off’ from work.
- Clary Sage is recommended for the type of overthinking that seems from a tense and changeable search for ideal solutions. Even when such a person has actually made a decision, they worry if it is right and whether they should change their mind.
- Fennel oil’s ability to encourage self-expression benefits those whose tendency to worry is exacerbated by a difficulty with communication. Thoughts and concerns ‘ferment’ because they have no positive outlet.
- Patchouli oil, like Vetiver, is rich and grounding, restoring awareness of the body and senses. Earthy and sweet, it is supportive to the Spleen, and always the worry that comes of excessive mental strain. Like Coriander seed oil, Patchouli gently stimulates the Mind, and through its spicy warmth uplifts and arouses. Patchouli and Coriander are suitable for the worry of the depressive, remote individual.
- Lemon oil clears mental ‘congestion’ — the plethora of thoughts that ‘bog down’ the mind. Grapefruit disperses the worry that comes from Tension and frustration.
- Geranium essential oil increases one’s awareness of the senses, helping to settle a restless and scattered mind. It’s indicated for people whose overthinking stifles and obscures the emotions. It may be used to encourage the capacity for receptivity and intuitive insight.
- Cardamom oil is effective for worry in all its forms, grounding and inspiring contentment and tranquility. Cardamom is uplifting and clarifying, benefiting anxious, muddled, and depressive types.
Calming Mind Sprays
Place the oils in one cup of water in a spray bottle and shake well. Spray in the air or on non-staining surfaces.
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals!
For Obsessive Overthinking
- * 4 drops Sandalwood
- * 2 drops Vetiver
For Those Over-Preoccupied with Detail
- * 3 drops Frankincense
- * 2 drops Vetiver
- * 1 drop Lemon
For Those who are Over-Analytical and Detached
- * 3 drops Geranium
- * 2 drops Sandalwood
- * 1 drop Patchouli
Earn Your Aromatherapy Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
Aromatherapy, sometimes also referred to as aromatic or scent medicine, is the art of healing the body using naturally distilled essences from different parts of plants to improve and enhance your everyday emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. These essences are known as essential oils.
If you would like to learn Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Advanced Aromatherapy Course.
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as color/crystal therapy, energy medicine, reflexology, massage therapy, Reiki, sound therapy, homeopathy, herbal medicine, etc., or for those just beginning their journey into using aromatherapy to heal.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
One way she choosesto help is by offering information on the benefits and uses of natural health and healing methods for the well-being of both people and pets.
Dee also teaches Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy
Latest posts by Dee Braun (see all)
- Apple and Spice Simmering Potpourri - February 23, 2017
- Peach Shower Gel Recipe - February 23, 2017
- Are Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) Harming Your Health? - February 23, 2017