This starter makes a cinnamon bread, with optional raisins and nuts.
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2/3 c. flour
- 2/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
Combine ingredients in large, airtight container with lid. Store at room temperature, do not refrigerate. Stir every day for 17 days. The recipe makes more than the 1 cup needed. But allows for evaporation.
Now the starter is ready. The following instructions are for either the starter you created above or received from a loving friend.
For the next 10 days handle starter according to the following instructions:
- Day 1, receive the starter
- Day 2, 3 & 4 – stir
- Day 5, Add 1 cup each flour, sugar, and milk.
- Day 6 & 7, stir
- Day 8 & 9, stir
- Day 10, Add 1 cup flour, sugar, and milk.
- Divide into 3 containers of 1 cup each for friends.
- After removing the 3 cups of batter, mix in the following ingredients: Using a fork, beat by hand until well blended.
- Add 1 cup raisins and 1 cup nuts (optional).
- Grease pans with butter, sprinkle with sugar instead of flour. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans.
Earn Your Holistic Healing Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
If you would like to learn Reflexology, Color Therapy, Reiki, Holistic Beauty Therapy, Anatomy & Physiology, Crystal Therapy, Crystal Reflexology or Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Home Study Courses.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
From the “e-Cookbook” 65 Amish Recipes