Before you head to the store, however, check your home – you may have the ingredients for relief right there.
Alternative remedies can help to ease the pain of ear aches and other conditions. If the condition worsens, it is advisable to see a doctor for further treatment. Your remedy may be helping but may not be enough to totally stop the condition.
Alternative remedies for relief from an ear ache:
1. Mineral oil – Mineral oil is light, tasteless and odorless. Placing a few drops of warm oil on the inside of the ear in the canal can help ease the pain.
2. Garlic – It is not just for making your food taste good. The helpful little item has antifungal and antibiotic properties. Ear aches can result from swimmer’s ear, a bacterial infection of the outer ear. Using garlic can stop the infection and thus, the pain in the ear. Use a few drops of garlic oil in the ear canal and then seal the ear with a cotton ball. You can use fresh garlic pieces wrapped in gauze in the ear canal also.
3. Tea tree oil – This oil is both antibiotic and antibacterial in nature. You can use it alone or with carrier oil. Lavender is known to soothe headaches, a symptom of ear aches. Mix a few drops of the two together with carrier oil and massage around the ear to ease the pain.
4. Olive oil – Like mineral oil, it can be used in the ear canal. Place the olive oil on a wool cotton ball and place it in the ear.
5. Hydrogen peroxide – Placing a few drops in the ear canal can help ease the pain and let you know if there is an infection present. The peroxide will bubble up in the presence of dirt and infection. Removing some of this can help with the pain.
6. Vinegar and alcohol – Creating a mixture of the two can act as a rinse for the ear. Drop it into the ear and then lean to the side so that it washes out. Repeat to help rid the ear of an infection that could be causing the ear pain.
7. Echinacea and vitamin C – Boosting your immune system can also help with ear aches. Your body will be stronger when it comes to fighting off infections. Both can reduce the duration of these infections. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and herbal remedies infused with extra vitamin C and Echinacea.
Related Natural Product
Ear-Heal is a natural, safe and effective herbal and homeopathic remedy that is an internal treatment for ear infections, specially formulated for adults and children over 10 years old.
Ear-Heal Drops are an effective natural alternative to antibiotic treatment of ear infections and are an excellent companion to our Ear-OK ear drops, which are used internally directly in the ear. Formulated by a clinical psychologist, Ear-Heal is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards.
Are you suffering from an ear ache? Try the above suggestions as your first line of defense. The ingredients are all-natural with no chemicals.
Stay Informed!Fill out the form below to sign up to our free natural health and healing newsletter and e-zine and stay up to date on our latest articles and informed about holistic healing therapies and effective home remedies for common ailments.
As a thank you for joining our newsletter, we'll also send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course - at absolutely no cost!
Free PDF Health Ebook...