It is easy to believe that once clothes are washed they are clean. But here’s the real fact. Fresh clothes are dirtier and you have no idea about it. It just not hygiene, there are plenty of issues that make clothes dirty even after washing. Here are few reasons:
· The first reason is that washing machines are generally teaming up with microbes.
· Even if you sanitize washing machines, you’ll end up washing mixed loads. So by the time wash cycle is complete, the clothes would still be dirty.
· Ordinary detergents just remove dirt from the top layer. The deeper layers and clothe fiber remains home to pathogens even after washing.
Is there a solution then? Yes defiantly, small improvisation, use of natural laundry sanitizer or some homely remedies can ensure that clothes not only sparkle, but become really clean inside out.
Listed below are some options which you can consider for disinfecting laundry:
1. Lavender – This aromatic herb is used for variety of issues, in form of essence and oil. The most basic use is of its aroma. It is also used for improving immune system, getting relief from allergies and relaxing. But where can it be used as fabric sanitizer? By just adding 1- 2 drops along with unscented detergent will render clothes pleasant smell, and disinfect them. Lavender has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
2. Tea Tree oil –Another good and natural solution to disinfect laundry. Since ages Tea Tree essential oil has been noted for its antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. This is why it is an important ingredient base for most cosmetics, detergent etc. Putting 2-3 drops of Tea Tree oil in washing machine, with preferably unscented detergent sanitizes laundry. Besides, it gives a tinge of good smell to clothes.
3. Vinegar and Baking Soda – This combination not only works for white clothes, but has many uses for laundry care. Vinegar can be used as a fabric softener. A drop of essential oils like Lavender, Pine, Tea Tree Oil, spruce, pine, orange etc can be added to give clothes a pleasant smell. This mixture can be added during the rinse cycle.
If you use vinegar and baking soda together it will work brilliantly to remove hardest stains and help keep white clothes white. Vinegar also acts as natural disinfectant, killing germs, bacteria or mould present in the laundry, and removing soap residue as well. The backing soda acts as a natural cleaners and scrub.
4. Grapefruit Seed Extract – With 10 percent extract in 90 percent water you can create a great disinfecting liquid and dip laundry one by one in it. Or you can run the grapefruit extract in between the rinse cycle to make your laundry hygienic.
5. Some Other Important Tips:
- · Try washing clothes with hot water. Often cold water is used to save electricity.
- · Avoid mixed loads. If not this, then at least exclude undergarments. Wash them separately.
- · Clean washing machines regularly with hot water and detergent.
- · Use a good laundry sanitizer disinfectant to ensure hygiene clothes.
- · Soak kitchen towels and rugs in a few drops of Tea Tree oil, Eucalyptus oil or Lavender in water before washing them in the machines.
Latest posts by Guest Writer (see all)
- 5 Reasons Every Child Should be Taking Beta Glucan - February 16, 2017
- The Healing Energy of Crystals and Stones - February 10, 2017
- The Healing Power of Castor Oil - February 10, 2017